Topics

Dropbox

Noe Villeda

I installed the latest version of Dropbox, I’m able to get in to the settings, but none of the tabs have any information about using windows explorer with Dropbox.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom K via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:12 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] DropboxI have had an issue with dropbox, with windows 10. When I I have had an issue with dropbox, with windows 10. When I install the latest dropbox, Josh does not read the folders or anything in the list to you. I will try installing it agai

Hi, can  you please give a step by step instruction so I can find the settings in drop box?

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] DropboxI have had an issue with dropbox, with windows 10. When I I have had an issue with dropbox, with windows 10. When I install the latest dropbox, Josh does not read the folders or anything in the list to you. I will try installing it agai

Youneed to go in to db's settings and choose the option to use dorpxo in windows explorer. Then it will read fine.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 24 Mar 2020, at 7:54, Noe Villeda wrote:

When I try to install the latest version of dropbox, using windows 10, jaws will not read anything in the listview or folders.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

On Mar 24, 2020, at 7:29 AM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

I was going to ask how to get everything in the System Tray to not be hidd4en. All is well now, except JAWS ain’t there. Oh well, these things happen.

Kevin

Sarah k Alawami

I'll have to look, it is there. I just can't remember what it is called, as i set it once and forgot about it.

So the way I have mine is to uncheck the open desk top app when starting db

Then tab to the "open folders in" and set that to file explorer.

That should do it.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

On 24 Mar 2020, at 16:51, Noe Villeda wrote:

I installed the latest version of Dropbox, I’m able to get in to the settings, but none of the tabs have any information about using windows explorer with Dropbox.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom K via Groups.Io

Hi, can  you please give a step by step instruction so I can find the settings in drop box?

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami

Youneed to go in to db's settings and choose the option to use dorpxo in windows explorer. Then it will read fine.

Take care

When I try to install the latest version of dropbox, using windows 10, jaws will not read anything in the listview or folders.

Hi.

I was going to ask how to get everything in the System Tray to not be hidd4en. All is well now, except JAWS ain’t there. Oh well, these things happen.

Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Noe. It’s in Preferences, under the General tab.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noe Villeda
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Dropbox

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Noe Villeda

I’m running version 93.4.273 and I don’t see anything in preferences.

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:13 PM

I'll have to look, it is there. I just can't remember what it is called, as i set it once and forgot about it.

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Sarah k Alawami

∫I'm also running that version and I do see it. You are sure you are up to date? And you did check the general tab? I do see the options I mentioned.. Try a restart of dropbox or windows, or both.

On 24 Mar 2020, at 17:26, Noe Villeda wrote:

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Mike B

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

1. Open Dropbox from the system tray, tab to, Access and Manage your Dropbox settings button, and press enter.

2. Now tab to, Preferences, and press enter.

3. On the General tab, tab to the, Open folders in Dropbox combobox, open this combobox and choose the, Explorer, option.  With Jaws you can open this
combobox with Alt + down arrow and then up arrow to the Explorer option and press enter to close the combobox.  Now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save
and close preferences.
Note:  This can act a little tricky so it might take a couple of attempts to get the Explorer settings change to stick.
If you have a shortcut key that opens Dropbox options, after you openDropbox up arrow to, Preferences, press enter and follow step 3 from above.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:26 PM

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Noe Villeda

Hi Mike and all,

Bill White and I spent quite a while on the Dropbox website.

I wasn’t able to sync my files, until I upgraded my plan, which is I never saw that setting in preferences.

I appreciate all of your help and suggestions.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:14 PM

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

1. Open Dropbox from the system tray, tab to, Access and Manage your Dropbox settings button, and press enter.

3. On the General tab, tab to the, Open folders in Dropbox combobox, open this combobox and choose the, Explorer, option.  With Jaws you can open this
combobox with Alt + down arrow and then up arrow to the Explorer option and press enter to close the combobox.  Now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save
and close preferences.
Note:  This can act a little tricky so it might take a couple of attempts to get the Explorer settings change to stick.
If you have a shortcut key that opens Dropbox options, after you openDropbox up arrow to, Preferences, press enter and follow step 3 from above.

I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Mike B

Hi Noe,

With a free Dropbox account you can link up to 3 devices.  If you have 3 or less devices synching to Dropbox you should not have had to upgrade your account.  You might of had to change your preferences, but not upgrade your account.  Unless something has changed recently with Dropbox rules that doesn't permit synching with other devices then many many others would be having complaints as well.

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:32 PM

Hi Mike and all,

I wasn’t able to sync my files, until I upgraded my plan, which is I never saw that setting in preferences.

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

and close preferences.

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Mike. It wasn’t the number of devices. He was locked out of his account because, when they downgraded him to a free account, he had a lot of files in his folders, which took him over the maximum amount of space for a free account. He couldn’t even see his folders until he upgraded again.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:43 PM

Hi Noe,

With a free Dropbox account you can link up to 3 devices.  If you have 3 or less devices synching to Dropbox you should not have had to upgrade your account.  You might of had to change your preferences, but not upgrade your account.  Unless something has changed recently with Dropbox rules that doesn't permit synching with other devices then many many others would be having complaints as well.

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:32 PM

Hi Mike and all,

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

and close preferences.

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Hmmm well you may have had to many devices connected.

In free dropbox you can have 3 devices.

A computer, a phone and another or 3 computers, or 3 phones.

Point is at home you probably don't need that many devices connected and if you do then either upgrade or switch to another previder.

So I'd just check settings/accounts/ security and clear all the ghost devices that havn't been updated in ages.

Every time you either reinstall windows, reformat, get rid of a computer, etc you will still have that computer's ghost not linked to anything.

You will have to clear that ghost out.

You also need to decide if your device is important to keep synced if its not don't.

For example my pc is synced but other devices are not because I share mostly windows programs and other projects I don't need linked.

On 25/03/2020 3:32 pm, Noe Villeda wrote:

Hi Mike and all,

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

and close preferences.

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin

Would be nice if they kicked it up to 5 devices. They could possibly do something where devices that haven't been active for a while are mentioned. They would ask if you want to remove that device or not.

On 3/25/2020 2:36 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hmmm well you may have had to many devices connected.

In free dropbox you can have 3 devices.

A computer, a phone and another or 3 computers, or 3 phones.

Point is at home you probably don't need that many devices connected and if you do then either upgrade or switch to another previder.

So I'd just check settings/accounts/ security and clear all the ghost devices that havn't been updated in ages.

Every time you either reinstall windows, reformat, get rid of a computer, etc you will still have that computer's ghost not linked to anything.

You will have to clear that ghost out.

You also need to decide if your device is important to keep synced if its not don't.

For example my pc is synced but other devices are not because I share mostly windows programs and other projects I don't need linked.

On 25/03/2020 3:32 pm, Noe Villeda wrote:

Hi Mike and all,

Hi Noe,

Try the following:

and close preferences.

That should do it.

Thanks a bunch, Tom K.

Take care

Hi.

Kevin