Drivers for printers

Dave Grossoehme

I have already search in the Brother web site.  However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.

Dave

Jerry Hogan

Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will help you with the driver, I ask brother about a year ago when does there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900
Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:44 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Drivers for printers

I have already search in the Brother web site. However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.

Dave

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  I have been working with Micro Soft Support for about a month.  I contacted Brother support this morning and had no response.  All I could find was an email or chat.  Do you have a phone number to contact them by?  This started as a windows problem and was suppose to be fix in the last insiders build.  The troubleshooter shows no trouble.  When I go into the brother settings, it tells me the printer is running fine.  However, the printer doesn't work with the computer after uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver.  This is making me think that there is some compatible issues, somewhere.

Dave

On 4/26/2021 11:58 AM, Jerry Hogan wrote:
Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will help you with the driver, I ask brother about a year ago when does there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900
Jerry

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme

I have already search in the Brother web site. However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.

Dave

michael capelle

Normally you need to download the printers app, and it searches for deivers.
With hp you have to go to hp123.com, and download the darn app for hp printers.

I have already search in the Brother web site. However, I am in
questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver
my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.

Dave

Monte Single

I have used a variety of printers at home.
For the canon multifunction and brother black and white laser, I did not install any drivers.
If all I wanted to do was print a document, I just let windows find a driver and I could print without problem.
If I wanted to do more advanced stuff, like ,monitor cartridges, then I had to download software from the manufacturers site.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of michael capelle
Sent: April 26, 2021 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Drivers for printers

Dave

michael capelle

Then it just be for the wireless printers, which I have had nothing but issues with, don't they make good old fassion USB printers?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 4:27 PM

For the canon multifunction and brother black and white laser, I did not install any drivers.
If all I wanted to do was print a document, I just let windows find a driver and I could print without problem.
If I wanted to do more advanced stuff, like ,monitor cartridges, then I had to download software from the manufacturers site.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of michael capelle

Dave

Monte Single

What model printer are you using?

Sent: April 26, 2021 2:00 PM

Good Afternoon: I have been working with Micro Soft Support for about a month. I contacted Brother support this morning and had no response. All I could find was an email or chat. Do you have a phone number to contact them by? This started as a windows problem and was suppose to be fix in the last insiders build. The troubleshooter shows no trouble. When I go into the brother settings, it tells me the printer is running fine. However, the printer doesn't work with the computer after uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver. This is making me think that there is some compatible issues, somewhere.

Dave

Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will
help you with the driver, I ask brother about a year ago when does
there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call
Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900 Jerry

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
Grossoehme

Dave

Mike B

Dave,

Here's their phone number:  CusService: 1-877-276-8437

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:00 PM

Good Afternoon: I have been working with Micro Soft Support for about a
month. I contacted Brother support this morning and had no response.
All I could find was an email or chat. Do you have a phone number to
contact them by? This started as a windows problem and was suppose to
be fix in the last insiders build. The troubleshooter shows no
trouble. When I go into the brother settings, it tells me the printer
is running fine. However, the printer doesn't work with the computer
after uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver. This is making me
think that there is some compatible issues, somewhere.

Dave

> Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will help you with the driver, I ask brother  about a year ago when does there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900
> Jerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme
> Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:44 PM
> To: win10@win10.groups.io
> Subject: [win10] Drivers for printers
>
> I have already search in the Brother web site.  However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Louise Pfau

My HP Envy 4500 recommended that we use it wirelessly by default, but we bought a separate USB cable when we bought the printer because they’re more reliable.

Louise

Dave Grossoehme

Good Morning:  I appreciate the response.  I am using a 2240 Series Brother.  However, after the 3rd micro soft accessible agent I think the problem is the printer itself.  He went farther than either one of the others.  It seems like the printer is not receiving a connection from the computer.  Considering this printer is about 10 years, it's time to replace it.  I didn't wish to spend the money for a new one if there was a solution, being on a fixed income.

Dave

On 4/26/2021 2:29 PM, Monte Single wrote:

Good Afternoon: I have been working with Micro Soft Support for about a month. I contacted Brother support this morning and had no response. All I could find was an email or chat. Do you have a phone number to contact them by? This started as a windows problem and was suppose to be fix in the last insiders build. The troubleshooter shows no trouble. When I go into the brother settings, it tells me the printer is running fine. However, the printer doesn't work with the computer after uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver. This is making me think that there is some compatible issues, somewhere.

Dave

there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call
Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900 Jerry

Grossoehme

Dave

Dave Grossoehme

Good morning Mike:  Yes there are many printers that you can use a usb cable with.  A lot of the printers on the market can be connected by a USB Cable or Wifi.  It depends more on whether you want a printer only, or a all in one printer.  If you decide on a printer only, do you wish to have one side or two sides of the paper printer.  The next decision is whether you want black and white only, or color printing.  I stand by Brother as a brand of printer.  Since the 1990's I have had 2 printers which were Brother, of which the one I own now, is 10 yearsold.  I had a hp printer before going to Brother and had a short time spand for them.

Dave

On 4/26/2021 2:29 PM, michael capelle wrote:
Then it just be for the wireless printers, which I have had nothing but issues with, don't they make good old fassion USB printers?

Dave

Dave Grossoehme

Thanks Mike.

Dave

On 4/26/2021 2:37 PM, Mike B wrote:

Dave,

Dave

> Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will help you with the driver, I ask brother  about a year ago when does there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900
> Jerry
>
> From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Grossoehme
>
> I have already search in the Brother web site.  However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Dave Grossoehme

Hi Mike:  Where did you find the phone number for brother.  I went to their web site and could only find a email or chat.  I made a search on duckduckgo to no help.

Dave

Dave,

Dave

> Jerry
>
>
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Jerry Hogan

Ok, folk this number was given out by another person just latly, creat a fold word document and save this number, here is the number you will need, Brother will help you.  Good Luck.

Jerry Hogan

Brother Printer Support

Support phone#:(800)947-2109

Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 11:19 AM

Hi Mike:  Where did you find the phone number for brother.  I went to their web site and could only find a email or chat.  I made a search on duckduckgo to no help.

Dave

Dave,

Dave

> Jerry
>
>
>
> Dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

michael capelle

I need it mainly for scanning

Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 11:06 AM

Good morning Mike: Yes there are many printers that you can use a usb
cable with. A lot of the printers on the market can be connected by a
USB Cable or Wifi. It depends more on whether you want a printer only,
or a all in one printer. If you decide on a printer only, do you wish
to have one side or two sides of the paper printer. The next decision
is whether you want black and white only, or color printing. I stand by
Brother as a brand of printer. Since the 1990's I have had 2 printers
which were Brother, of which the one I own now, is 10 yearsold. I had a
hp printer before going to Brother and had a short time spand for them.

Dave

On 4/26/2021 2:29 PM, michael capelle wrote:

Dave

Monte Single

Hi Dave,

Yes, that is the same model I have and mine is also 10 years old.
Mine is a usb connection only.
I'm still using the second cartridge I've put in this printer.
I've never used it a lot, just a page or two every week or so.
I know when I have to replace it, I may have to get something with a wireless connection.
Hopefully I will be able to find something that is just a printer and not a multifunction device.

Happy hunting,

Monte

Sent: April 30, 2021 9:59 AM

Good Morning: I appreciate the response. I am using a 2240 Series Brother. However, after the 3rd micro soft accessible agent I think the problem is the printer itself. He went farther than either one of the others. It seems like the printer is not receiving a connection from the computer. Considering this printer is about 10 years, it's time to replace it. I didn't wish to spend the money for a new one if there was a solution, being on a fixed income.

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or
Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900 Jerry

Grossoehme

Dave

michael capelle

They don’t make just printers to my knowledge, just like flatt bed scanners now a days.

Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 12:33 PM

Hi Dave,

I know when I have to replace it, I may have to get something with a wireless connection.
Hopefully I will be able to find something that is just a printer and not a multifunction device.

Happy hunting,

Monte

Good Morning: I appreciate the response. I am using a 2240 Series Brother. However, after the 3rd micro soft accessible agent I think the problem is the printer itself. He went farther than either one of the others. It seems like the printer is not receiving a connection from the computer. Considering this printer is about 10 years, it's time to replace it. I didn't wish to spend the money for a new one if there was a solution, being on a fixed income.

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

Monte Single

Hi Mike,
I just looked at the amazon.ca website, there are some brother stand alone black and white laser printer there, but they start at about 200 u s dollars.
When I have to get a new one, I'll look at other brands for something less expensive.
Knocking on wood, crossing fingers and just a little hopin.

Sent: April 30, 2021 11:37 AM

They don’t make just printers to my knowledge, just like flatt bed scanners now a days.

Hi Dave,

Happy hunting,

Monte

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

Mike B

Yes, Brother makes just a printer.  A good friend of mine just bought one of these printers for $130 and you can check it out at the link below.

Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Hi Dave,

I'm still using the second cartridge I've put in this  printer.
I know when I  have to replace it, I may have to get something with a wireless connection.

Happy hunting,

Monte

Good Morning:  I appreciate the response.  I am using a 2240 Series Brother.  However, after the 3rd micro soft accessible agent I think the problem is the printer itself.  He went farther than either one of the others.  It seems like the printer is not receiving a connection from the computer.  Considering this printer is about 10 years, it's time to replace it.  I didn't wish to spend the money for a new one if there was a solution, being on a fixed income.

Dave

> What model printer are you using?
>
> From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
> Grossoehme
> Sent: April 26, 2021 2:00 PM
> Subject: Re: [win10] Drivers for printers
>
> Good Afternoon:  I have been working with Micro Soft Support for about a month.  I contacted Brother support this morning and had no response. All I could find was an email or chat.  Do you have a phone number to contact them by?  This started as a windows problem and was suppose to be fix in the last insiders build.  The troubleshooter shows no trouble.  When I go into the brother settings, it tells me the printer is running fine.  However, the printer doesn't work with the computer after uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver.  This is making me think that there is some compatible issues, somewhere.
>
> Dave
>
>
> On 4/26/2021 11:58 AM, Jerry Hogan wrote:
>> Go to the Web site for Brother and in Support or contact they will
>> help you with the driver, I ask brother  about a year ago when does
>> there support end? And they told me never, so give them a shot or
>> Call Microsoft disibilities at 800-936-5900 Jerry
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
>> Grossoehme
>> Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:44 PM
>> To: win10@win10.groups.io
>> Subject: [win10] Drivers for printers
>>
>> I have already search in the Brother web site.  However, I am in questioning of where you can check to see if there is an updated driver my Brother Printer which is a hl2240 Seeries Brother. Please help.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Dave Grossoehme

Hi:  As of now there are still several simple printers on the market with USB Cable.  You need to watch for details as to whether it is USB or USB/wifi or wifi only.  The problem is that many models are out of stock because of so many people working from home.  I looked night before last and Brother has 3 different models that are controled by USB, 2 sided printing.  However, all 3 models were out of stock.  If you look in any of the computer or electrical stores the same holds true.

Dave

On 4/30/2021 10:32 AM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Dave,

Happy hunting,

Monte

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave

Grossoehme

Dave