Topics

connecting to an l2tp isec vpn with a preshared key

enes sarıbaş

Hello all,

I have a server  set up vpn account that I want to connect too, however when I go to windows, add vpn connection, select authentication type, put in username/password andv preshared key, and click save, the computer just hangs there.  When I click cancel,  and reenter settings, nothing happens. I can connect just fine  to the vpn on my other laptop hooked up to the same network, therefore I know this is not a problem with iether the vpn and network. I have also checked event log, with no result. No errors are present there related to this. What could be causing this issue?

enes sarıbaş

Hi all,

An update. Sfc /scannow and dism restorehealth were run. SFC found corrupt files and restored them, but no solution. The  vpn wstill won't work after reboot.