From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Saturday, June 5, 2021 10:06 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] compatibility mode

So it seems that one of the banks I use has not updated their web site to work with Windows 21.h. Is there a way to make it seem that I am on a lower Winvows version when accessing this particular site? I have tried Google Chrome and MS edge to access the web site but it won't work with Win 21.h. Works fine on other computers running veersions of windows below 21.h.
Thanks

JM Casey

Definitely contact the bank to see what they say, but the bank website, while it might be browser-dependent, reallys houldn't be oS-dependent. It can however get this info from various things, like running javascript. Maybe installing an extension like noscript could potentially help you, but it also might cause certaina spects of the bank's website to stop working, I guess..
So yeah, I mean there are investigations you could do -- you mentioned two chromium-based browsers, so maybe try Firefox instead. Also, maybe there are other differences between those other computers you mentioned running older oS versions and yours?
However contacting them should give you a pretty solid answer about this and whether the site is actually blocking users of the latest Windows full update, which would be weird as ****, but I guess is possible.