Topics

clearing history in Google chrome

The Gamages

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to clear history in Google chrome using the keyboard and a screen reader please?

Thanks for any comments.
Best Regards, Jim.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Jim. To clear history in Google Chrome,

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus the DELETE key.

3. Use Up and Down Arrows to select a range of time for history to be cleared. The range includes,

Last hour
Last 24 hours
Last 7 days
Last 4 weeks
All time

4. Use the TAB key to cycle through the list, and check or uncheck items to be cleared.

5. TAB to the Clear Data button, and press ENTER.

6. Google History should now be cleared.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Gamages via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 2:29 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] clearing history in Google chrome

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to clear history in Google chrome using the keyboard and a screen reader please?

Thanks for any comments.

Best Regards, Jim.

MAYANK SHARMA

Hi.

You can use the shortcut ctrl +shift+delete to land directly on the
relevant setting. Press tab to get to the dropdown to select the time
range that you want to remove your history for.
Do uncheck what you don't want removed before pressing 'clear data.'

Kind regards

Mayank

On 1/18/21, The Gamages via groups.io
<james.gamage=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

can anyone tell me how to clear history in Google chrome using the keyboard

and a screen reader please?

Thanks for any comments.
Best Regards, Jim.

As an aside, if you use more than one of the major web browsers, and you want to do occasional purging of the history or cookies of all of them in one fell swoop consider using a third party utility such as BleachBit or System Ninja.

The one thing I hate about Chromium-based browsers is their own history clearing process seems to take "forever" and that's even if you haven't chosen "all time," though my general choice is "all time."  I can run a third party utility in way, way less time.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101:  If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.

~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

The Gamages

Hello Bill andMayank,

Excellent, thank you both for your prompt reply, it’s easy when you know how isn’t it?

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] clearing history in Google chrome

Hi, Jim. To clear history in Google Chrome,

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus the DELETE key.

3. Use Up and Down Arrows to select a range of time for history to be cleared. The range includes,

Last hour
Last 24 hours
Last 7 days
Last 4 weeks
All time

4. Use the TAB key to cycle through the list, and check or uncheck items to be cleared.

5. TAB to the Clear Data button, and press ENTER.

6. Google History should now be cleared.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Gamages via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 2:29 AM

Hello,

Thanks for any comments.

Best Regards, Jim.

The Gamages

Hello Brian,

Thank you for that, I will save this information with the other method for future use.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 5:30 PM

As an aside, if you use more than one of the major web browsers, and you want to do occasional purging of the history or cookies of all of them in one fell swoop consider using a third party utility such as BleachBit or System Ninja.

The one thing I hate about Chromium-based browsers is their own history clearing process seems to take "forever" and that's even if you haven't chosen "all time," though my general choice is "all time."  I can run a third party utility in way, way less time.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101:  If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.

~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Mike B

As an aside, if you use more than one of the major web browsers, and you want to do occasional purging of the history or cookies of all of them in one fell swoop consider using a third party utility such as

BleachBit or System Ninja.

Brian

Mike B

Hi Folks,

I screwed up and sent this to the list instead of myself.  Sorry about that.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 8:34 PM

As an aside, if you use more than one of the major web browsers, and you want to do occasional purging of the history or cookies of all of them in one fell swoop consider using a third party utility such as

BleachBit or System Ninja.

Brian

Cher

Perhaps you just have to close that page with Control-W. It seemed to work today- but I’ve been wondering the same thing 😉

Cher

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of The Gamages via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 5:29 AM

Hello,

Thanks for any comments.

Best Regards, Jim.