Topics

Changing Yahoo to Edge

JERRY MARTIN

Morning all.
I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Can anyone tell me how to change yahoo (which is my current default browser) to MS Edge? Thanks.
Jerry
"The duration of the pandemic is dependant on 2 things:
1) the density of the population, and
2) the density of the population."

Jerry,

              You are mixing apples and oranges in this question.  Yahoo is a search engine while Edge is a browser.   You could be, for instance, trying to change your search engine from Yahoo to DuckDuckGo in the browser you currently use.  Or you could be trying to change your default browser app from Firefox to Edge.  But there is no way to change things as stated.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

JERRY MARTIN

Then I am confused, which is normal for me anyway. I thought the they were both the same. On my desktop, I have an icon for both IE as well as Yahoo. And if I am not mistaken, IE would be the same as Edge, right? Thanks for the reply.
Jerry

              You are mixing apples and oranges in this question.  Yahoo is a search engine while Edge is a browser.   You could be, for instance, trying to change your search engine from Yahoo to DuckDuckGo in the browser you currently use.  Or you could be trying to change your default browser app from Firefox to Edge.  But there is no way to change things as stated.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Jerry,

            IE is a web browser, as is Edge.

            You can also create desktop shortcuts that cause your default browser to open a given website, which is what your Yahoo shortcut actually is.  I don't know what you're using as your default browser, but Yahoo will open up in that browser if you activate that shortcut.  If you change your default browser in Settings, Apps, Default Apps, the Yahoo shortcut would still open to Yahoo, but using whatever you reset your default browser to.

             You could, potentially, have many shortcuts to specific websites on your desktop.  Unless you took some very special steps when creating them, they will all open using whatever you have set as your default web browser under Windows 10.  So, in a case like this, if you wanted the Yahoo page to open using Edge, you would need to go to Settings, Apps, Default Apps and change your default web browser to Edge.  After doing that, this is what will open the Yahoo HTML shortcut rather than whatever is in use now.