Topics

Changing colors in a Word Document

Leslie Fairall

The subject summarizes the question. I'm copying and pasting definitions from my textbook publisher. I didn't have any problem changing the font size from 15 to 8. However, when I hit the automatic button, the color continues to remain gray. I'm just looking for the normal colors. I believe they are white on black. Can anyone help?

--
Leslie Fairall
mailto:fairall@...

Leslie,

            You can do a select all for the whole document, then hit ALT+H (Home Ribbon), FC (Font Color), and then navigate around to find the color you want.  There are multiple ways to do that, and I don't know which you'll find easiest, so do play around first.

            After having hit ALT+H, FC, you can follow that by an M to open the More Colors, then right arrow over to the Custom tab.  If you enter 0 for the Red, Green, and Blue boxes you've specified black for the text.  You may find using the color chooser easier than going this route, but there are lots of color choices to go through, so I just don't know.  Typically automatic will default to black, but since it's not in your case this way you have absolute control over the font color, and triple zero is black.

Pramit

Hi Leslie,

Select all by pressing Ctrl + A and then follow the below steps to change color of all the font in the document
Alt + H,F,C is the way to change the Font Color then the arrow down to choose among the colors.
Once you're inside Font Color box pressing A gives automatic color which by default is Black

Hope this helps

Pramit