Topics

application for desktop to read DRM-free AZW3 files

JM Casey

Hey everyone.

I’m looking for something along these lines, as the subject line says. I have a few of them, and no kindle or amazon account. I tried the Calibre e-book app and, while I can tab around the interface, opening documents just seems to result in a blank page using JAWS 2018 and latest nVDA. Running Windows 10 1909. Any suggestions?

Micallef Michael at FITA

What exactly you’re trying to do convert them or remove some drm rights? In that case you should try either epubar ultimate from www.epubar.com or

www.zanzar.com

JM Casey

Convert, or just read them. There should already be no DRM on the files. Calibre doesn’t do DRM but it’s supposed to be able to read “open” azw format. However I cannot seem to read any content using speech or a braille display. I will try the resources you gave here. Thanks!