Topics

Apology and correction

Ricky Lomey

Hi list

Regarding my message about the Edge Rss, I Wasn't sure whether or not to
reply to Hope Williamson offlist, I don't like just contacting individuals
offlist unless they contact me, also it is RSS fetcher, not recher, typo,
sorry.

Ricky Lomey

Hope Williamson

you can reply to me if you wish. I'm not sure if you're talking about
the RSS feed finder userscript I have installed or something else.

On 1/8/2021 3:22 AM, Ricky Lomey wrote:
Hi list

Regarding my message about the Edge Rss, I Wasn't sure whether or not to
reply to Hope Williamson offlist, I don't like just contacting individuals
offlist unless they contact me, also it is RSS fetcher, not recher, typo,
sorry.

Ricky Lomey

Hope Williamson

Also correction on my part. Well sort of. This is the script you want.I
also have the other one, RSS feed finder installed, but upon closer
investigation, it doesn't do much lol.
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/6261-rss-atom-feed-subscribe-button-generator

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 06:22 AM, Ricky Lomey wrote:
I Wasn't sure whether or not to reply to Hope Williamson offlist,
-
I can't ever make that decision for anyone, but I can tell you that Groups.io supplies the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message, for the vast majority of users (and I have never yet figured out why those not getting that link aren't getting it).

Activating it should cause your email client or webmail (if pass-through of mailto links to it is configured) to open up a blank message pre-addressed to the sender of the message and with the subject pre-populated with, "Private:," followed by whatever the topic title is.  You can, of course, change it to whatever you wish.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Hamit Campos

Yeah you don’t get it always though. Not with every group. Nor not with every message either. I saw you don’t when I wanted to email someone privately about why he wanted to touch politics on the Reaper list. Because I was just curious why he wanted to go

There on a list about a DAW. Like I was curious what is republican or democrat about a DAW?

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 06:22 AM, Ricky Lomey wrote:

I Wasn't sure whether or not to reply to Hope Williamson offlist,

-
I can't ever make that decision for anyone, but I can tell you that Groups.io supplies the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message, for the vast majority of users (and I have never yet figured out why those not getting that link aren't getting it).

Activating it should cause your email client or webmail (if pass-through of mailto links to it is configured) to open up a blank message pre-addressed to the sender of the message and with the subject pre-populated with, "Private:," followed by whatever the topic title is.  You can, of course, change it to whatever you wish.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Ricky Lomey

Thanks hope for the below, you mentioned it once before but just to clarify please, is the script you mentioned yesterday for Chrome or Edge, the RSS finder in Chrome seems to do what I want it to, though in some cases, fifa.com being one example, one has to go to a specific section like news to get the feeds but that's okay, so now it's just Edge and again, do you use a hotkey for the script in Edge, sorry for repeating but I need to know how to get to RSS with my keyboard when installing it or the other script in Edge, Edge is my default browser within Outlook 2016 so I can click on site addresses within emails or from web page grabber and search for RSS instead of having to always copy and paste and exit Outlook to go into Google Chrome all the time which is why I ask.

Thanks.

Ricky