Topics

Anyone using Fusion 2021, Possible bug with tracking freeze ?

Bill Powers

Hi Group,

I’m upgraded to Win 10 20H2 and upgraded to Fusion 2021 running at 7X magnification. I have found on more than one occasion while typing an email when I get to near the end of the first or second line of the email (typed in 18 point type) as soon as I hit the period, the screen no longer moves along with what I’m typing. To alleviate the issue, I either need to restart Fusion or at least get out of Outlook 2016, but the problem is more successfully fixed restarting Fusion. As best I can tell it happens after hitting the period toward the end of the line but cannot be certain yet what precipitates this. anyone else experiencing something similar and have a fix? Or who could I report this to that will be listened to by Visparo?

Thanks?

BP

Sherry Wells

Hi Bill,

I have experienced tracking problems with the last few versions of Fusion.  My magnification is 12.  Like you, I have to close & reopen it.  I haven’t found any precipitating factor such as the one you mention in Outlook.  I have called Freedom Scientific to report the problem.  I also now have Fusion 2021 & was hoping the problem was fixed but no such luck.

Sherry Wells

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Powers
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 7:58 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Anyone using Fusion 2021, Possible bug with tracking freeze ?

Hi Group,

I’m upgraded to Win 10 20H2 and upgraded to Fusion 2021 running at 7X magnification. I have found on more than one occasion while typing an email when I get to near the end of the first or second line of the email (typed in 18 point type) as soon as I hit the period, the screen no longer moves along with what I’m typing. To alleviate the issue, I either need to restart Fusion or at least get out of Outlook 2016, but the problem is more successfully fixed restarting Fusion. As best I can tell it happens after hitting the period toward the end of the line but cannot be certain yet what precipitates this. anyone else experiencing something similar and have a fix? Or who could I report this to that will be listened to by Visparo?

Thanks?

BP

Mr. Ed

Hi,

I use latest Jaws and Zoomtext and have the same focus issues at times.

Mr. Ed

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sherry Wells
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Anyone using Fusion 2021, Possible bug with tracking freeze ?

Hi Bill,

I have experienced tracking problems with the last few versions of Fusion.  My magnification is 12.  Like you, I have to close & reopen it.  I haven’t found any precipitating factor such as the one you mention in Outlook.  I have called Freedom Scientific to report the problem.  I also now have Fusion 2021 & was hoping the problem was fixed but no such luck.

Sherry Wells

Hi Group,

Thanks?

BP

John Fitzgerald

Sometimes, I can get things going agaim by hitting win key + m to bring up the desktop, then hitting hitting alt + tab, then hitting the enter key onwhen outlook is highlighted.

It doesn’t work every time, but it does often enough.

If that doesn’t work, then I reboot the computer

John

Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 6:58 PM

Hi Group,

Thanks?

BP

chris judge

Hi. Here’s what FS says about whether or not to check the box to have web pages automatically load.

When selected, JAWS automatically begins reading web pages and PDF documents when loaded. Clear this check box if you do not want JAWS to automatically begin reading. Disabling this option is especially useful if you are using JAWS in conjunction with screen magnification software as the focus is not unexpectedly moved back to the top while you are using the mouse to navigate through the document. This checkbox is selected by default when only jaws is s running and is cleared by default when using zoom text fusion or FS reader.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: April 5, 2021 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Anyone using Fusion 2021, Possible bug with tracking freeze ?

Hi,

I use latest Jaws and Zoomtext and have the same focus issues at times.

Mr. Ed

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sherry Wells
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 7:09 PM

Hi Bill,

Sherry Wells

Hi Group,

Thanks?

BP