From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 4:58 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [Special] [win10] An umpteenth plea from the head list representative: feedback routes, software prerelease announcement responses, thread hijacking #AdminNotice

Dear Win10 forum family,

I’m ashamed and disappointed as a head list representative (owner) of this forum. I will go so far as say that I’m very angry about what we have just witnessed. Despite many pleas from many people (including yours truly) over the years, a thread was hijacked, again; not an ordinary thread, but a topic that introduced the next prerelease version of a screen reader to the world.

Before I experience another headache, I ask you, for the umpteenth time, to STOP HIJACKING THREADS, especially when the topic concerns screen reader beta releases, especially if you are really tempted to post a feedback about an app or a game that is NOT the subject of the prerelease announcement. In case of Microsoft Flight Simulator, the appropriate feedback route is not this forum, but rather, direct communication with Microsoft. At least telling us that a game is inaccessible is welcome provided that it is done from a completely separate thread, but when it comes to advocacy (or possible (or hypothetical) legal action), the best way is communicating with people who have actually worked on the product in question (this is why whenever JAWS betas come out, Vispero ALWAYS asks testers to provide feedback directly; same can be said about Narrator, NVDA, and others).

Thank you.