Topics

Alt Tab on windows 7

Graham Smith

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

Hi,

One must hold down Alt key and press Tab key repeatedly to cycle between programs. Pressing Alt+Tab without holding down Alt key will switch between two mostly focused programs.

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

Graham Smith

Joseph

He is well aware of keeping the alt key down but it does not work.  I have just told him of keystroke Insert F10 which shows running tasks but Alt tab does not work since he updated to jaws 21. It works fine on jaws 20.

Any other ideas to get alt tab to work as we are all used to?

Thanks

Graham

One must hold down Alt key and press Tab key repeatedly to cycle between programs. Pressing Alt+Tab without holding down Alt key will switch between two mostly focused programs.

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

Hi,

If it works with JAWS 2020, I’d put slightly more weight on JAWS 2021 issue. As an alternative to JAWS Key+F10, you can tell your friend to press Windows+T.

One must hold down Alt key and press Tab key repeatedly to cycle between programs. Pressing Alt+Tab without holding down Alt key will switch between two mostly focused programs.

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

Mike B

It's switching between the screens but, Jaws2021 just doesn't anounce the screens.  This is most definetly a J2021 problem.  Have your friend report it to Freedom Scientific tech support.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

One must hold down Alt key and press Tab key repeatedly to cycle between programs. Pressing Alt+Tab without holding down Alt key will switch between two mostly focused programs.

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Very odd, are any of the accessibility options set?

If you unload JAWS and try it then does it make any difference?

Unload JAWS and try it with narator running?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

One must hold down Alt key and press Tab key repeatedly to cycle between programs. Pressing Alt+Tab without holding down Alt key will switch between two mostly focused programs.

This is for a friend running windows 7 with latest Jaws.

I have read about this issue on this list but cant remember as it does not affect my system.  Alt Tab does not cycle between open programs, how is this over come please.

Also he mentions that his thunderbird mail keeps crashing, any ideas on this one?

Appreciate any help for him

Regards

Graham

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.