From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Higgins
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:42 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] A question about this latest update

I really hope someone can answer the following question, especially any of you who might be using the Code Factory version of Eloquence.

I understand that the latest optional update is a preview of the next
feature update for Windows10, is this correct? That possibly being the
case, would it be advisable to deactivate my Eloquence key before
installing this update? Sure would hate to find out the hard way.

Guess I could just exercise caution and do so anyway, but would like to
avoid the hassle if possible.

Any help will definitely be appreciated,

Larry

Larry Higgins

Joseph,

I ask about this only because others have reported this as an issue when after installing feature updates, the key that presently  being used to activate the product was invalidated, never to be reactivated again.

You can bet that I will definitely deactivate before installing the next feature update. They might gladly grant me another one, but don't think I want to count on it <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

On 5/4/2021 10:40 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
The latest optional update is not a preview of the next feature update - the download link for Version21H1 will be labeled as such. As for relationship with Code Factory Eloquence, I expect upgrading to Version 21H1 won't deactivate your license as you are effectively going to be installing a cumulative update with additional features.

I really hope someone can answer the following question, especially any of you who might be using the Code Factory version of Eloquence.

I understand that the latest optional update is a preview of the next
feature update for Windows10, is this correct? That possibly being the
case, would it be advisable to deactivate my Eloquence key before
installing this update? Sure would hate to find out the hard way.

Guess I could just exercise caution and do so anyway, but would like to
avoid the hassle if possible.

Any help will definitely be appreciated,

Larry

tim

They should never tie it to the OS it should only be tied to the software used with it.

Just plane dumm tying a security code to a always changing OS.

On 5/4/2021 1:29 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
[...]

Specifically, locking codes. This was reported widely when JAWS users complained to Vispero about JAWS losing activations after installing new builds, particularly if you are a Windows Insider. I bet the situation has changed a lot thanks to introduction of subscription-based licensing.

I really hope someone can answer the following question, especially
any of you who might be using the Code Factory version of Eloquence.

I understand that the latest optional update is a preview of the next
feature update for Windows10, is this correct? That possibly being
the case, would it be advisable to deactivate my Eloquence key before
installing this update? Sure would hate to find out the hard way.

Guess I could just exercise caution and do so anyway, but would like
to avoid the hassle if possible.

Any help will definitely be appreciated,

Larry

I think it's quite ridiculous that Code Factory has not figured out a solution for this problem, but then again I think they probably don't want to invest any time into this. I also bought the Eloquence voice for Windows 10 for them and I haven't used it in years because eof this. I use Jaws as my main screen reader and promptly forget that every major Windows update seems to disable the licence and you have to go begging to them to reinstate it.

I really hope someone can answer the following question, especially any of you who might be using the Code Factory version of Eloquence.

I understand that the latest optional update is a preview of the next
feature update for Windows10, is this correct? That possibly being the
case, would it be advisable to deactivate my Eloquence key before
installing this update? Sure would hate to find out the hard way.

Guess I could just exercise caution and do so anyway, but would like
to avoid the hassle if possible.

Any help will definitely be appreciated,

Larry

I have been a Windows insider and being in Canada can't use the subscription method, but I have never lost a Jaws activation in I can't remember how many years.