Windows 10 Clean build Issue

Steven Hicks

Tried this but it did not find any new drivers on this build anyway.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 04 March 2021 15:25
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 Clean build Issue

Never anything similar to this, but plenty of issues with Intel devices and drivers.

Since the advent of Windows 10 over 5 years ago Intel keeps churning out device driver updates for its various bits and pieces at a rate like I've never seen before.  They also don't appear to be supplying those updates to Microsoft in a timely manner for inclusion in The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud.

For that very reason I have been using Intel Driver & Support Assistant on all of my Windows 10 machines that have Intel devices in them (even those with AMD APUs but with Intel WiFi/Bluetooth) to keep the drivers constantly up to date.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Steven,

           Seriously, even if you aren't going that route, if you've got Intel chipsets of any kind in your machine, I'd still install Intel Driver & Support Assistant.  It has saved me many a heartache.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Steven Hicks

Thanks Brian, it would be interesting to re-build again with the latest Microsoft Windows 10 build that wouldn’t install the Bluetooth drivers but now that the system is all up and running, I don’t think I will bother.

[...]

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

Hi friends,

Just wondering if anyone has picked up anything from somewhere else relating to what I think is a compatibility issue related to drivers on a Microsoft Windows 10 build?

It is a clean install on a Dell Latitude E6440 laptop with 16gb of ram and a 500gb SSD.

I Tried to install the latest build using the media creation tool yesterday and had issues with Bluetooth not being installed.

It was not present in the device manager at all but there were unknown devices.

The unknown devices would not detect which they have before all apart from one.

Strange as I had just upgraded the ssd drive and it had a previous Windows 10 build on it.

It seems that the drivers that were not picked up on this build which were on older builds were the SMBus controller and a couple of Intel ones, possibly an Intel Management engine, I may be able to look back but it was definitely three devices that were not picked up.

This was Windows 10 Pro 20h2 build 19042.631

1I Went back to Microsoft Windows 10 Pro version 2004 19041.264 and went in to the device manager it picked up the unknown devices all apart from one which I expected and all works just fine.

Bluetooth Is now present.

Anyone come across anything similar?