Topics

Encrypting USB Drives

Steven Hicks

Hi friends,

I Have a 16gb usb2 usb drive.

I Am running Microsoft Windows 10 pro, the latest build.

I Would like to encrypt the usb drive.

I Click start and type in Bitlocker.

I Can bring up the Bitlocker screen but when flicking around, the c drive is available as well as the optical d drive.

My usb drive is the E: drive but I can’t seem to select it to turn on the Bitlocker.

The c drive seems to be an option when I turned on ac power.

Anyone have any ideas why the usb drive doesn’t appear?

I Can read from the drive etc and it is formatted with data on it.

If you right click the usb drive, there is no option to Bitlcoker it.

Does it have to be formatted and wiped first.

It seems to give me the option to encrypt the c drive with no problem.

Steven Hicks

Hi,

Just to update, I formatted the usb drive after backing up the data but still no option to encrypt it.