Topics

Decent multipurpose Webcams?

tim

Not sure if its that model or another on that has auto focus and face fallow.

On 1/13/2021 7:45 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
I use a Logitech HD USB webcam.  I can’t remember the model number, but I’ve had it for a few years and it works very well with Zoom.
It is Plug-n-Play, and no drivers were needed.
I got it from Amazon, and paid about $79.
- Brad -
On Jan 13, 2021, at 18:01, Clement Chou <chou.clement@gmail.com <mailto:chou.clement@gmail.com>> wrote:
Looking for something I can use primarily for zoom meetings or when
recording music, just basic video with me sitting at my desk with
headphones and guitar. Preferably something with decent autofocus and
maybe a virtual background to replace my bedroom as it's not exactly
the background I want to be showing people. lol Any thughts on the one
with the best accessibility? Thinking of this now ecause I just
recently got my new computer which, given as it's a desktop, doesn't
have a built in webcam. Thanks!

Clement Chou

Thanks. I'll check it out. Does anyone have thoughts on software for
virtual backgrounds or background hiding / blurring effects? Trying to
set things up so that I can hide my bedroom from the video feed.
X-split VCam doesn't seem to be accessible, unfortunately.

On 1/14/21, Brad Snyder <wbsjr@swbell.net> wrote:
Try this one. It is the Logitech webcam that I have.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p
Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam. $79.99 USD.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JH8T3S/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apip_qfWQ1GwegTpw1

- Brad -

On Jan 14, 2021, at 13:16, Clement Chou <chou.clement@gmail.com> wrote:

The link doesn't seem to work.

On 1/14/21, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
This is the one we have. there are comments from
observers that the picture is really clear.

1080P Webcam with Microphone for Desktop - Laptop
Camera with Privacy Cover,Plug and Play Web
Camera for Pc Video
Conferencing/Calling/Gaming,Laptop/Desktop Mac,
Skype/YouTube/Zoom/Facetime…
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088GSKFKKM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_i_wajaGbZNJJF7H?_encoding=UTF8&;psc=1

At 06:01 PM 1/13/2021, you wrote:
Looking for something I can use primarily for zoom meetings or when
recording music, just basic video with me sitting at my desk with
headphones and guitar. Preferably something with decent autofocus and
maybe a virtual background to replace my bedroom as it's not exactly
the background I want to be showing people. lol Any thughts on the one
with the best accessibility? Thinking of this now ecause I just
recently got my new computer which, given as it's a desktop, doesn't
have a built in webcam. Thanks!

Brad Snyder

Try this one.  It is the Logitech webcam that I have.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam.  $79.99 USD.

On Jan 14, 2021, at 13:16, Clement Chou <chou.clement@...> wrote:

The link doesn't seem to work.

At 06:01 PM 1/13/2021, you wrote:
Looking for something I can use primarily for zoom meetings or when
recording music, just basic video with me sitting at my desk with
headphones and guitar. Preferably something with decent autofocus and
maybe a virtual background to replace my bedroom as it's not exactly
the background I want to be showing people. lol Any thughts on the one
with the best accessibility? Thinking of this now ecause I just
recently got my new computer which, given as it's a desktop, doesn't
have a built in webcam. Thanks!

Ann Byrne