Topics

Cloud storage

Sarah k Alawami

I use backblaze, dropbox, one drive, and that's about it.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 9 Jan 2021, at 14:36, Larry Higgins wrote:

Listers,

I really would appreciate your input concerning  the best, reasonable priced, but most of all, speech friendly cloud backup service.

I previously tried iDrive for  about a year, but frankly didn't make as much use of it as I would have liked, because I didn't find their dashboard interface  to be all that screen-reader friendly.

I must admit that I am a bit paranoid about cloud storage due to "real" or imagined privacy and security issues. Not that I have any extremely sensitive material to worry about, mostly music and books, but still, even in these times when privacy seems to be kind of a joke, would like to have at least the optimum level of it.

Anyway, if any of you have any ideas, feel free to contact me off list with suggestions.

Oh yes, Is OneDrive a good option for this kind of thing? Right now I have about     700gb of stuff that I could back up. Am now using an external drive,  but fear that it might die sooner than I would like.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Higgins

Listers,

I really would appreciate your input concerning  the best, reasonable priced, but most of all, speech friendly cloud backup service.

I previously tried iDrive for  about a year, but frankly didn't make as much use of it as I would have liked, because I didn't find their dashboard interface  to be all that screen-reader friendly.

I must admit that I am a bit paranoid about cloud storage due to "real" or imagined privacy and security issues. Not that I have any extremely sensitive material to worry about, mostly music and books, but still, even in these times when privacy seems to be kind of a joke, would like to have at least the optimum level of it.

Anyway, if any of you have any ideas, feel free to contact me off list with suggestions.

Oh yes, Is OneDrive a good option for this kind of thing? Right now I have about     700gb of stuff that I could back up. Am now using an external drive,  but fear that it might die sooner than I would like.

Thanks,

Larry