Topics

Gmail address bouncing issue update: admin request on pausing posting activities will continue until December 16, 2020 at 10 AM Pacific, please, no test messages #AdminNotice

Hello everyone,

Looks like almost all Gmail addresses subscribed to Win10 forum and Insiders subgroup were unbounced (a few remain). This does not mean that we can return to normal activity level, as I’m getting reports from owners of other Groups.IO groups that some addresses are still bouncing and people are getting odd bounce probe messages.

Therefore the admin request I posted a few hours ago – specifically, asking everyone to pause posting activities (i.e. don’t post anything) will remain in effect until December 16, 2020 at 10 AM Pacific (18:00 UTC). This is subject to change based on what happens within the next few hours as I’m still monitoring forum activity, specifically bouncing/unbouncing events. The other reason is bandwidth conservation – we have 700 members as of this moment, and sending an email like this to all 700 of us takes resources away from groups that must communicate updates quickly.

Also, one more reminder (or more of another admin request): please don’t send test messages. Just because your address is unbounced should not be a reason to celebrate and send test messages. Please help conserve bandwidth and help other forums by refraining from tests unless it is really critical. Right now, what’s more important is cooperation and collaboration with Groups.IO organization and other forums, and we can contribute by refraining from generating nonessential traffic.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello all,

The admin request from yesterday is hereby lifted (applies to this forum and Insiders subgroup). Feel free to post things, but keep in mind that email providers may experience issues. Also, please, no test messages.