Topics

End of life cumulative update for Version 1903: KB4592449/build 18362.1256 #KBAlert #eol

Hi all,

The following KB alert is applicable if you are using Version 1903 (May 2019 Update/build 18362) which should not be many of us as of today:

KB4592449 for Version 1903 is now available, and this is the final cumulative update for everyone:

December 8, 2020—KB4592449 (OS Builds 18362.1256 and 18363.1256) (microsoft.com)

Changelog:

• Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Edge Legacy.

• Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.

Details:

• Addresses a security vulnerability by preventing applications that run as a SYSTEM account from printing to "FILE:" ports. To address this issue in the future, make sure your applications or services run as a specific user or service account.

• Security updates to Microsoft Edge Legacy, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, and Windows Virtualization.

For people using Version 1903, if you haven’t done so, please UPGRADE to at least Version 2004 (or better yet, if your system is deemed ready, please jump to 20H2).

Dave Grossoehme

Good Day Joseph:  Has the Insiders email list gone away?  I know I had not seen anything from it for sometime.  I am questioning it because I received an error when trying to send a message to it today.

Dave

On 12/8/2020 11:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

No, the subgroup is still alive. It’s just that build announcements were not made for recent builds.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 03:41 PM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:
Has the Insiders email list gone away?
-
No, but it's not very active.  Here's the Insiders Subgroup Main Page:  https://win10.groups.io/g/Insiders

Activity has never exceeded double digits of messages per month, and October and November had under 20 messages.  There has been no activity so far in December.

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Dave Grossoehme

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I have put a response in Feedback.  However, where would be the best place to send a question on the newest prebuild as well as using NVDA with the prebuild.

Dave

Hi,