Topics

converting audio from an mp4 file

Richard Kuzma

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

William

Hi,

for this task I can use audacity.

Or if you can spend some time playing with command line tools, you can learn about ffmpeg

Richard Kuzma via groups.io 於 7/12/2020 21:32 寫道:

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

How to Extract Audio from MP4? There Are 5 Ways
 (includes Audacity, and I cannot speak to whether the MiniTool software is accessible)

10 Best Methods to Extract Audio from MP4 Video
  (discusses using VLC, if you're a VLC user already)

Convert MP4 Video to MP3Extract Audio from MP4 Video ...
    (online converter)

Convert MP4 to MP3 online - Free online tool to extract ...
     (another online converter)

See also the various results from:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=extract+audio+to+mp3+from+mp4

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Robert Cole

Switch free sound converter,
From NCH Software.

On Dec 7, 2020, at 8:32 AM, Richard Kuzma via groups.io <rmkuzma@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Sarah k Alawami

I believe obs will remux to mp3 as well. I'm not sure so don't quote me on that. I only remix from mkv to mp4 when necessary. Have never done mp3.

On 7 Dec 2020, at 8:30, Robert Cole via groups.io wrote:

Switch free sound converter,
From NCH Software.

On Dec 7, 2020, at 8:32 AM, Richard Kuzma via groups.io <rmkuzma@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I got Switch, but it only let me convert 50 files, then I had to purchase it. I’m not complaining. It’s a great program.

Kevin and Jilly

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Hamit Campos

Switch will handle ITunes AAC files right? I know I know the extension is .N4A. But last I heard though they put that it’s actually an AAC file. I use to use an old version of free audio converter from the people that did Free youtube to MP3 converter. Don’t remember if that did MP4 though.

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I believe it will handle .m4r. I don’t think Switch will handle protected iTunes files.

Kevin and Jilly

Switch will handle ITunes AAC files right? I know I know the extension is .N4A. But last I heard though they put that it’s actually an AAC file. I use to use an old version of free audio converter from the people that did Free youtube to MP3 converter. Don’t remember if that did MP4 though.

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Hamit Campos

Ah okay. I don’t remember if your typical M4A is locked no more like they use to be. But perhaps I’m wrong. Meh I guess the only way to truly find out is to get switch and try. Do you have the direct download link? Don’t wana risk going to the wrong place and virousing a $1200 XPS.

I believe it will handle .m4r. I don’t think Switch will handle protected iTunes files.

Kevin and Jilly

Switch will handle ITunes AAC files right? I know I know the extension is .N4A. But last I heard though they put that it’s actually an AAC file. I use to use an old version of free audio converter from the people that did Free youtube to MP3 converter. Don’t remember if that did MP4 though.

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Hamit Campos

Ah you know what else would if you have it? Sound Forge. It can open MP4s.

How to Extract Audio from MP4? There Are 5 Ways
 (includes Audacity, and I cannot speak to whether the MiniTool software is accessible)

10 Best Methods to Extract Audio from MP4 Video
  (discusses using VLC, if you're a VLC user already)

Convert MP4 Video to MP3, Extract Audio from MP4 Video ...
    (online converter)

Convert MP4 to MP3 online - Free online tool to extract ...
     (another online converter)

See also the various results from:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=extract+audio+to+mp3+from+mp4

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Brad Snyder

Protected iTunes files are .M4P format, not .M4A/M4R format.

- Brad -

On Dec 7, 2020, at 11:31, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:

Hi.

I believe it will handle .m4r. I don’t think Switch will handle protected iTunes files.

Kevin and Jilly

Switch will handle ITunes AAC files right? I know I know the extension is .N4A. But last I heard though they put that it’s actually an AAC file. I use to use an old version of free audio converter from the people that did Free youtube to MP3 converter. Don’t remember if that did MP4 though.

Does anyone know of a free utility that is accessible to convert out the mp3 audio from an mp4 file?

Thanks

Kevin Minor

Hi.

To get Switch, go to

[...]