From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] Microsoft Text Input Application

Hi,

I doubt that can change things.

What Mike wrote confirms what I thought was happening: JAWS Key+F10 will present a list of top-level windows, which is quite an interesting approach to show a list of tasks. But there are more effective ways to show list of tasks (or in some cases, top-level windows), such as:

  • Task View: Windows+Tab (since Version 1803, it can show you recent activities)
  • Task switching: Alt+Tab (made more useful or somewhat confusing with Version 20H2 thanks to the ability to switch between Edge tabs)
  • Static task switching: Control+Alt+Tab (you can either press this key combination once or hold down Control+Alt and press Tab repeatedly to cycle between apps)

I doubt that can change things.

What Mike wrote confirms what I thought was happening: JAWS Key+F10 will present a list of top-level windows, which is quite an interesting approach to show a list of tasks. But there are more effective ways to show list of tasks (or in some cases, top-level windows), such as:

  • Task View: Windows+Tab (since Version 1803, it can show you recent activities)
  • Task switching: Alt+Tab (made more useful or somewhat confusing with Version 20H2 thanks to the ability to switch between Edge tabs)
  • Static task switching: Control+Alt+Tab (you can either press this key combination once or hold down Control+Alt and press Tab repeatedly to cycle between apps)

Mike B

Good morning Joseph,

Thank you very much.  That took care of the Textinputhost but, it still reports, running disabled.  It's not showing in the Jaws task list either.  Is there a way to totally disable it?  Thanks again.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.