Topics

Gmail Question

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 08:12 PM, Robert Cole wrote:
I have a period in my address, and there is someone with the same address but without the period.
-
No, there is not, as Gmail has never, ever permitted that and has always ignored embedded dots.

I don't know why I bother posting definitive reference material.  It's like I'm talking to the air.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Robert Cole

Hi,
Yes, This is happening to me.
And it makes me wonder if my account is in jeopardy.
I am now in the process of switching everything from that account to another email address.
I have a period in my address, and there is someone with the same address but without the period.
I get his email, so I wonder if he’s getting mine as well.
Thanks,
Rob

On Nov 14, 2020, at 7:48 AM, Morey Worthington <worthington@wi.rr.com> wrote:

Morning All, or whatever time it is where you are.

Gmail address question.

I have only 1 Gmail address account set up. Using W10 newest and Jaws 2020.

Lets say the address I have set up is:

x.xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Itt works just fine.

Now if I try to send me a message using the address:

xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com x (with out the dot after the first x) it still arrives in the Gmail inbox. How can that be?

Sounds strange to me, but many things do, and wondering if anyone has had this happen?

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Not really Windows 10 related, but since this is already out there, see:

Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses - Gmail Help

The Gmail Trick That's Been Around for 15 Years—But Few ...

The Period In My Gmail Address Has Been Haunting Me for Years

Use Gmail Dot Trick To Create Unlimited Accounts with a ...

Dots in Gmail addresses: What happens if you leave out the ...

or any of hundreds more returned by a web search on [Gmail email address dots].

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

Yes it happened to me already, but that is not it is you to me