Topics

A Small Question Regarding Latest Update of Windows 10

inamuddin khan

Respected friends, I’m using windows 10 version 2020 H2 build OS19042.610 with JAWS 2020.

The matter of fact is that I read that a meet now button is introduced with this update but I don’t find that button.

I have searched it everywhere but I failed to find it.

Can you help me?

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There is this thing called a web search, which turns up more articles on the Meet Now button (directly linked to Skype) than I can count.  Joseph Lee gave the precise name of the button in a recent cumulative update announcement, making it very easy to search on "Meet Now" or "Meet Now button" on the web.

See:  https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-this-is-what-your-new-meet-now-taskbar-button-does-explains-microsoft/ 

My guess is that if you're not using Skype you won't ever see it and if you don't allow it to show on the taskbar you won't see it, either.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

~ Madonna

Hamit Campos

Ahahahahahahahahahahhahaha well at least now you were kind of silly there Brian. Good my friend. There’s this thing called a web search. Ah too dam funny there.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 11:41 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] A Small Question Regarding Latest Update of Windows 10

There is this thing called a web search, which turns up more articles on the Meet Now button (directly linked to Skype) than I can count.  Joseph Lee gave the precise name of the button in a recent cumulative update announcement, making it very easy to search on "Meet Now" or "Meet Now button" on the web.

See:  https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-this-is-what-your-new-meet-now-taskbar-button-does-explains-microsoft/ 

My guess is that if you're not using Skype you won't ever see it and if you don't allow it to show on the taskbar you won't see it, either.
--

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

~ Madonna

Unfortunately, I'm not trying to be funny.  It is appalling how resistant many members of this group are to doing web searches for simple questions.  And posting the same question, twice, in less than 2 days when the first had no takers does not endear one to the readership.  If someone knows, they'll answer the first time asked.

Anyone who wants to know more about the "Meet Now" feature, which includes its button, should choose the web search engine of their choosing and put in the following short set of search terms:

Windows 10 +"meet now"

When something is this new there are going to be very few end users who can answer anything about it, as it just came out.  I'm among those who know this feature strictly on the basis of what Joseph Lee had posted in a recent cumulative update announcement.  Those who have been running insider builds and the tech press are generally where one gets the best information on a brand, spankin' new feature.
--

~ Madonna

inamuddin khan

First of all,

I’m very sorry to let you know that I have disturbed you people, I therefore would like to request you to accept my apology.

The matter of fact is that I’m firm believer of doing everything I can before asking from someone.

I already told you that I did what I could do to find Meet now but I couldn’t get it therefore I have decided to ask from you people.

I still feel that if I have the latest windows which is windows 10 H2 build OS19042.610, why do I not have this button?

Anyways let’s wait for that button to appear to my machine coming few weeks!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:54 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] A Small Question Regarding Latest Update of Windows 10

Unfortunately, I'm not trying to be funny.  It is appalling how resistant many members of this group are to doing web searches for simple questions.  And posting the same question, twice, in less than 2 days when the first had no takers does not endear one to the readership.  If someone knows, they'll answer the first time asked.

Anyone who wants to know more about the "Meet Now" feature, which includes its button, should choose the web search engine of their choosing and put in the following short set of search terms:

Windows 10 +"meet now"

When something is this new there are going to be very few end users who can answer anything about it, as it just came out.  I'm among those who know this feature strictly on the basis of what Joseph Lee had posted in a recent cumulative update announcement.  Those who have been running insider builds and the tech press are generally where one gets the best information on a brand, spankin' new feature.
--

~ Madonna