Topics

Windows 10 Mail and NVDA: a fix for backspace problem is under way #nvdasr #universalapps #ADVISORY

Hi all,

For NVDA users using Windows 10 Mail app: many of you have expressed frustrations with NVDA not announcing characters when you press backspace key. I’m delighted to announce that a fix is being developed and is under active alpha-level testing. I’ll provide update as the story develops.

Technical: as part of revamping support for UI Automation in more apps and to prepare for a scenario where old methods to access Microsoft Word won’t work, NV Access is laying the foundation to use UI Automation in Microsoft Word. As part of this work, a fix has been developed to let you hear characters when you press backspace key, and initial testing says it is working.

Thanks.