Topics

locked Proposal: JAWS subgroup #jaws #poll

Edited

Hello everyone,

A member of this list (who is also a moderator) proposes the following:

To whom it may concern,

I, David Moore, would like to propose a JAWS sub group as a part of the main win10@groups.io group. I would be glad to be the owner of this sub group.

As your admin, I will serve you by answering any of your questions that I can. If I do not have an answer on the spot, I will do the best I can to research the answer for you. I will also help you learn win10 and JAWS so you do not have to keep asking the same questions when you are in a jam. Therefore, I will provide MP3 recorded tutorials for you that will help you to find the answers to many of your questions. However, I realize that many of you speak English as a second language, may have learning disabilities, and do not have the time to search through tutorials to find an answer if you are in a jam like being on the job. Therefore, I will provide tutorials for when you have the time to study them, but I will always provide on the spot answers. I also want to serve you by letting all of you in the JAWS sub group help each other. I realize that their are many ways to perform a task; therefore, if a solution works, I will not jump in and correct anyone just because they are not giving my instructions. I encourage everyone to participate without fear of intimidation. The solutions that you all give and your input will be greatly appreciated.

I will provide four tutorials for you as soon as this JAWS sub group begins. First, I will do a tutorial on customizing JAWS to your liking. There are so many settings in JAWS, and I will take you through them all and suggest which settings you may want to change and how. I will teach you how to create voice profiles, and I will take you threw the JAWS settings center and threw quick settings for different applications. Second, I will record a tutorial that will show you how to find help in JAWS, including how to navigate the JAWS help system. Third, I will do a tutorial on navigating the Freedom Scientific web site and show you where to find important information like all training, free webinars, FS casts and so on. The last tutorial I will do for you might be the most important. I will take you through JAWS versions 15, 16, and 17 and show you how to customize each version you may have to work best with your version of Windows, especially Windows 10. Only versions 16.0.4350 and later will work in Windows 10, but I will also take you through version 15, in case you are still thinking about upgrading to Windows 10. I will show you the advantages of upgrading to win10. After that, I will serve you in your situation. If you are just starting out, I will help you just where you are. If you are an advanced user of JAWS and Windows, I will help you where you are. I will never have favorites, and everyone of you will be just as important to me.

If you decide that this JAWS sub group should exist, I will provide you the most comfortable environment to discuss and help each other maximize your use of JAWS and Windows, especially win10. Thank you, and I look forward to participating with all of you.

Proposal text end.

Participation guidelines:

  1. This thread will be the official thread to be used when debating this proposal. Please be considerate and courteous when formulating your position, as your stance will have an impact on how voters (including you) understand what's going on and make informed choices.
  2. If you'd like to vote, please say "Yes" or "No" (case sensitivity matters). The preferred method of voting is a reply to this message (either as an email or voting via the web interface), an email to win10+owner@groups.io, Twitter responses in decreasing preference.
  3. For those voting via Twitter, please use the hashtag #Win10GroupsIOPoll when voting.
  4. If you'd like to forward this to various JAWS lists, please feel free to do so with two conditions: please seek permission from the admin of the said lists first, and if approved, tell members to contact win10+owner@groups.io if people have questions, comments, concerns or would like to vote on this proposal (yes or no).
  5. This poll (including Twitter variant) will close on March 23, 2016 at 23:59 UTC (consult your time zones please).
  6. Two-thirds of voters should say "yes" in order for this proposal to pass. Once passed, the JAWS subgroup will be created, with David Moore (Win10 list moderator and JAWS representative) serving as its inaugural chair (owner).
  7. In case of this subgroup, in order to prevent a repeat of what happened on another list (which shall remain nameless), Allan or Joseph will serve as an overseer for its operation for the first few weeks (to advise David and would-be subgroup members on conduct).

Thank you. With that said, let the debate and voting on JAWS subgroup proposal begin.

Sincerely, Win10 Forum Leadership Team

Thank you for voting. Results will be available when the poll is closed.

Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>

Yes

On 3/19/2016 1:08 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]