Topics

W10 and old Braille printer

David W Wood \(G3YXX\)

Wondering if anyone has managed to get an old Index Braille printer, with a
blue bar, to work with W10?

ATB

David W Wood

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

David,

          I can't speak to that specific model, but I've got a dear friend who's using an old Versapoint Duo (I think, I'm not there now), that uses a parallel port, which she had specifically built-in to her latest desktop computer, and it's running Windows 10 and the braille printer works just fine.

          It's really a matter of whether you have the way to physically connect it and whether any of the existing drivers still work under Windows 10.  Many old drivers do.

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

David W Wood \(G3YXX\)

Hello Brian

Thank you for your input.

I have an FTDI USB/parallel converter which seems to be working OK, and recall that the printer works as a generic text printer.

Others may know differently.

But I can’t get it to squeak, and wonder if it is DIP switch settings, or a W10 issue?

ATB

David W Wood