Topics

Version 2004: May 2020 Update offered on more devices #windowsupdatestatus

Hi all,

Windows Release Information dashboard (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004) was updated yesterday to say:

Windows 10, version 2004 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909, who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. We are now starting a new phase in our rollout. Using the machine learning-based (ML-based) training we have done so far, we are increasing the number of devices selected to update automatically to Windows 10, version 2004 that are approaching end of service. We will continue to train our machine learning through all phases to intelligently rollout new versions of Windows 10 and deliver a smooth update experience. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

Essentially, this means more devices will be offered “Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004” through Windows Update. Anyone running Version 1809 or earlier (which should be very small number of you) will be updated to Version 2004 automatically or the feature update will show up.

Good luck.

Jaffar Sidek

Is it safe yet to update or should we wait for a more usable, less buggy version?  Cheers!