Topics

Version 1809 to 2004: get ready to update #windowsupdatestatus

Edited

Hi all,

The Windows Update dashboard was updated on June 16th to say:

Today we are slowly beginning the training of our machine learning (ML) based process used to intelligently select and automatically update devices approaching end of service. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

In other words, if you are running Version 1809 (October 2018 Update/build 17763), you’ll soon find yourself updating to Version 2004, as consumer-level support for 1809 is about to expire (it’ll expire on November 10, 2020). Businesses won’t have to worry until early 2021.