Topics

Out of band June 2020 cumulative update for Version 1909 and 2004: KB4567523/19041.331, KB4567512/18363.904 #KBAlert

Hi all,

An out of band cumulative update is now available for Version 1909:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4567512/windows-10-update-kb4567512

IMPORTANT: this update will not show up via Windows Update – you must manually apply it.

Changelog:

• Updates an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing, generate print errors, or cause apps and print spoolers to close unexpectedly.

Details:

• Addresses an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing. The print spooler might generate an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer. You might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from, such as receiving an error, or the app might close unexpectedly. This issue might also affect software-based printers, such as when printing to PDF.

And, before anyone asks:  If you do not have any issues with printing, there is absolutely no need to apply this update.

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah I was going to ask about that. My computer is located in a data center in california. I might not apply the update as I don't have office installed on that machine, and I'm not sure if I can even print to pdf on that thing. I guess I will when and if I have to. That thing is still on 1909, but they might update it for me, who knows.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 03:07 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
but they might update it for me, who knows.

Nope.  They won't.

Quoting Joseph Lee's initial message:  "IMPORTANT: this update will not show up via Windows Update – you must manually apply it."

Sarah k Alawami

I actually meant to 2004, so I think I'll just leave it alone for now. I need to get some toher things set up on it anyway.

Take care and happy what ever day it is today.

On 16 Jun 2020, at 15:04, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 03:07 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
but they might update it for me, who knows.

Nope.  They won't.

Quoting Joseph Lee's initial message:  "IMPORTANT: this update will not show up via Windows Update – you must manually apply it."

Edited

Hi all,

Update: Version 2004 also received this update (KB4567523/build 19041.331):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4567523/windows-10-update-kb4567523

Note: just like Version 1909 build 18363.904, this manual update applies to you if and only if you are experiencing printing issues. Also, for ease of archive maintenance, if you need to reply, please use the updated thread.