Topics

locked Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Hi all,

I’m about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, I’m thinking it’s better to import the archive here.

The archive can be found at: http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten

Note that if you are a member of that old group, please don't post anything new.

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup: • Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA. • The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here: • People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10 was officially released in July. • Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to RTM) may help those who’d like to research history of accessibility of Windows 10. • Since this group is focused on Windows 10 and screen readers and since nvda-winten list served the same thing (though for specific audience), it would be better to store the archive here for continuity purposes.

Proposal: Should NVDA-Winten archive be imported to the parent Win10 list or not? If yes, it'll become part of history of the parent group; saying no means the archive will stay in the NVDA subgroup only.

This thread (proposal, votes and debate) will close on March 8, 2016 at 23:59 UTC (3:59 PM Pacific, 6:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). A simple majority of votes from voters would be sufficient to pass this motion.

To vote:

1. If you are voting from the web interface, select either "yes" or "no" radio button.
  2. If you are using an email to cast votes, just say "yes" or "no".
  3. If using Twitter, send your vote to @joslee with the hashtag #NVDAW10Archive.

Thanks, and looking forward to your comments and votes.

Sincerely, Win10 Forum Leadership Team

Results

See Who Responded

heather albright

yes

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:44 PM
Subject: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

A new poll has been created:

Hi all,

I’m about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, I’m thinking it’s better to import the archive here.

Note that if you are a member of that old group, please don't post anything new.

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup: • Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA. • The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here: • People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10 was officially released in July. • Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to RTM) may help those who’d like to research history of accessibility of Windows 10. • Since this group is focused on Windows 10 and screen readers and since nvda-winten list served the same thing (though for specific audience), it would be better to store the archive here for continuity purposes.

Proposal: Should NVDA-Winten archive be imported to the parent Win10 list or not? If yes, it'll become part of history of the parent group; saying no means the archive will stay in the NVDA subgroup only.

This thread (proposal, votes and debate) will close on March 8, 2016 at 23:59 UTC (3:59 PM Pacific, 6:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). A simple majority of votes from voters would be sufficient to pass this motion.

To vote:

1. If you are voting from the web interface, select either "yes" or "no" radio button.
  3. If using Twitter, send your vote to @joslee with the hashtag #NVDAW10Archive.

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Hi,

Note the spelling – anyway, the vote was counted, thanks.

When you do vote just say “Yes” or “No”. Please feel free to debate this proposal in this thread.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:48 PM
To: win10@groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

yes

Subject: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

Yes.
----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build 1280

--------------------------------
Armando: Admin/owner of the Technology For The Blind Mailing List, and the Blind-Chat Mailing List.
Want to talk about the BrailleNote Apex and everything technology? Subscribe to this list that I had created to discuss the BrailleNote Apex and everything technology!
To subscribe to the list, send a blank email to techfortheblind+subscribe@groups.io

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created. This group is for general chat, which means that
if you are blind, you can join this group!
To subscribe, send a blank email to blind-chat+subscribe@groups.io

Date sent: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 18:44:58 -0800

Hi all,

I�셫 about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, I�셫 thinking it�셲 better to import the archive here.

The archive can be found at:
http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup:
�� Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA.
�� The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here:
�� People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10 was officially released in July.
�� Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to RTM) may help those who�셝 like to research history of accessibility of Windows 10.
�� Since this group is focused on Windows 10 and screen readers and since nvda-winten list served the same thing (though for specific audience), it would be better to store the archive here for continuity purposes.

To vote:

Sincerely,
Win10 Forum Leadership Team

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now: https://groups.io/g/win10/vote?pollid=82

Vijay Kumar

Yes

CA S Vijay Kumar

Sent: 04 March 2016 08:15

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Shaun Oliver

Yes

Sent: Friday, 4 March 2016 13:24
Subject: Re: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Hi,

When you do vote just say “Yes” or “No”. Please feel free to debate this proposal in this thread.

Cheers,

Joseph

yes

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Rosemarie Chavarria

I say yes.

On 3/3/2016 9:15 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

Yes

Sent: Friday, 4 March 2016 13:24

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

yes

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Stanley Haupt <bookworm@...>

Yes

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from
Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Yes.
----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build

Armando: Admin/owner of the Technology For The Blind Mailing List, and the
Blind-Chat Mailing List.
Want to talk about the BrailleNote Apex and everything technology? Subscribe
to this list that I had created to discuss the BrailleNote Apex and
everything technology!
To subscribe to the list, send a blank email to
techfortheblind+subscribe@groups.io

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be
approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created.
This group is for general chat, which means that if you are blind, you can
join this group!
To subscribe, send a blank email to
blind-chat+subscribe@groups.io

Date sent: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 18:44:58 -0800
Subject: [win10] Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from
Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Hi all,

Im about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early
as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay
to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information
on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, Im
thinking its better to import the archive here.

The archive can be found at:
http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten

Note that if you are a member of that old group, please don't
post anything new.

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup:
Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA.
The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with
NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here:
People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10
was officially released in July.
Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to
RTM) may help those whod like to research history of
accessibility of Windows 10.
Since this group is focused on Windows 10 and screen readers
and since nvda-winten list served the same thing (though for
specific audience), it would be better to store the archive
here for continuity purposes.

Proposal: Should NVDA-Winten archive be imported to the parent
Win10 list or not? If yes, it'll become part of history of the
parent group; saying no means the archive will stay in the NVDA
subgroup only.

This thread (proposal, votes and debate) will close on March 8,
2016 at 23:59 UTC (3:59 PM Pacific, 6:59 PM Eastern and
elsewhere). A simple majority of votes from voters would be
sufficient to pass this motion.

To vote:

1. If you are voting from the web interface, select either "yes"
or "no" radio button.
2. If you are using an email to cast votes, just say "yes" or
"no".
3. If using Twitter, send your vote to @joslee with the hashtag
#NVDAW10Archive.

Sincerely,
Win10 Forum Leadership Team

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now: https://groups.io/g/win10/vote?pollid=82

Scott VanDeWalle

i say yes also
Original message:

yes
To: win10@groups.io <mailto:win10@groups.io>

Hi all,
The archive can be found at: http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten <http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten>
To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now <https://groups.io/g/win10/vote?pollid=82>

john poole

Yes please!

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

I vote no.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gary Ray

Yes

Gary Ray

Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:54 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

yes

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Vincent Thacker <vince@...>

No.

Vince in England.

========================================
Message Received: Mar 04 2016, 12:19 PM
Cc:

I vote no.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

David Moore

Hi,
I vote no to this. Have a great one.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 7:19 AM

I vote no.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

David Moore

Hi,
Yes, I said no, but I mis-understood. My final vote is Yes and Yes! Thanks and have a great one..

Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:58 PM

Yes

CA S Vijay Kumar

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Jessica D

Hi'
I vote "yes." I am unaware of what it contains though. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2016, at 5:24 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi,
Yes, I said no, but I mis-understood. My final vote is Yes and Yes! Thanks and have a great one..

Yes

CA S Vijay Kumar

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Roger Stewart

I vote Yes! We need to migrate away from freelists.

Roger

On 3/4/2016 5:00 PM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi'
I vote "yes." I am unaware of what it contains though. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2016, at 5:24 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi,

Yes

CA S Vijay Kumar

Hi all,

To vote:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now