Topics

locked Proposal: Should the old nvda-winten list archive from Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Hi all,

I’m about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, I’m thinking it’s better to import the archive here.

The archive can be found at: http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten

Note that if you are a member of that old group, please don't post anything new.

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup: • Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA. • The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here: • People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10 was officially released in July. • Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to RTM) may help those who’d like to research history of accessibility of Windows 10. • Since this group is focused on Windows 10 and screen readers and since nvda-winten list served the same thing (though for specific audience), it would be better to store the archive here for continuity purposes.

Proposal: Should NVDA-Winten archive be imported to the parent Win10 list or not? If yes, it'll become part of history of the parent group; saying no means the archive will stay in the NVDA subgroup only.

This thread (proposal, votes and debate) will close on March 8, 2016 at 23:59 UTC (3:59 PM Pacific, 6:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). A simple majority of votes from voters would be sufficient to pass this motion.

To vote:

  1. If you are voting from the web interface, select either "yes" or "no" radio button.
  2. If you are using an email to cast votes, just say "yes" or "no".
  3. If using Twitter, send your vote to @joslee with the hashtag #NVDAW10Archive.

Thanks, and looking forward to your comments and votes.

Sincerely, Win10 Forum Leadership Team

Results

See Who Responded

heather albright

yes

[...]

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Hi,

Note the spelling – anyway, the vote was counted, thanks.

When you do vote just say “Yes” or “No”. Please feel free to debate this proposal in this thread.

[...]

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

Yes.
----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build 1280

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created. This group is for general chat, which means that
if you are blind, you can join this group!
--------------------------------

I�셫 about to import the old nvda-winten list archive (as early as next weekend). Originally, I was going to let the archive lay to rest in the NVDA subgroup; however, due to crucial information on progress of Win10 accessibility located in that archive, I�셫 thinking it�셲 better to import the archive here.

The archive can be found at:
http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda-winten

Note that if you are a member of that old group, please don't post anything new.

Reasons for putting the archive in the NVDA subgroup:
�� Most of the discussions in there are specific to NVDA.
�� The archive talks about accessibility of Insider builds with NVDA.

Benefits of putting the list archive here:
�� People can browse what we talked about way before Windows 10 was officially released in July.
�� Information on Insider Preview builds from the past (up to RTM) may help those who�셝 like to research history of accessibility of Windows 10.
[...]

Vote Now: https://groups.io/g/win10/vote?pollid=82

Vijay Kumar

Yes

                CA S Vijay Kumar

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

I say yes.

On 3/3/2016 9:15 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

Yes

[...]

Stanley Haupt <bookworm@...>

Yes

Freelists be placed in the parent Win10 grup? #poll

Yes.
----
Sent from a BrailleNote Apex BT32, Running KeySoft 9.5, Build
1280

Note: The Technology For The Blind List requires new subscribers to be
approved and email messages being approved or rejected.

You can also subscribe to the blind-chat group I had created.
This group is for general chat, which means that if you are blind, you can
join this group!
To subscribe, send a blank email to
blind-chat+subscribe@groups.io
--------------------------------

[...]

[...]

[...]