Topics

Windows blog: upcoming changes to Cortana #WinTen2004

Hi all,

Yes, Cortana is changing, this time focusing more on productivity as noted from the following Windows Blog article:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/02/28/cortana-in-the-upcoming-windows-10-release-focused-on-your-productivity-with-enhanced-security-and-privacy/

Quite interesting, Microsoft is definitely making it more of a requirement to be signed in using a Microsoft account if you want to take advantage of the new Cortana features and Cortana will be much mor narrowly focused on productivity with support for music, home automation and third party apps going away. It would seem Microsoft is focusing on what they do best and they are leaving the music and home automation to Alexa, Google and Apple at least for now.