Topics

The new Edge is here: KB4541302 for Version 1903/1909 #KBAlert #chromiumedge

Hi all,

Yes, a KB alert – a special one:

For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up via Windows Update, here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edge-is-available

After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain – just hidden from view.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Once the update for the new Edge is installed, how does one go about using the Classic Edge, since it is hidden from view? I don’t want to install the new Edge, only to find out that a website I need to use isn’t accessible with it, and don’t know how to get to the old Edge browser.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up via Windows Update, here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edge-is-available

After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain – just hidden from view.

William Vandervest

Will I still get this update since I have already installed the new chromium based edge browser?

Thanks

Immigrant

If a site is inaccessible with the new Edge, chances are very high it will be just as inaccessible, if not more so, with the old Edge. One of the biggest differences between those browsers is drastic accessibility improvement in the new Edge.

Once the update for the new Edge is installed, how does one go about using the Classic Edge, since it is hidden from view? I don’t want to install the new Edge, only to find out that a website I need to use isn’t accessible with it, and don’t know how to get to the old Edge browser.

For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up via Windows Update, here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edge-is-available

After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain – just hidden from view.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hello, Immigrant. OK, I use a site called

zydecoworkout.com

On this site, there are streaming audio episodes of the zydeco workout. With the old Edge, I can play them, but I cannot with Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. Could you click on one of the dated episodes with the New Edge, and see if it is accessible to play for you before I install the update? This way, you may see if the new browser is as accessible for this website as the old Edge.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

If a site is inaccessible with the new Edge, chances are very high it will be just as inaccessible, if not more so, with the old Edge. One of the biggest differences between those browsers is drastic accessibility improvement in the new Edge.

Once the update for the new Edge is installed, how does one go about using the Classic Edge, since it is hidden from view? I don’t want to install the new Edge, only to find out that a website I need to use isn’t accessible with it, and don’t know how to get to the old Edge browser.

For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up via Windows Update, here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edge-is-available

After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain – just hidden from view.

Probably not.

What you need to do instead is go to edge, open file and help and then about and it will update.

On 26/02/2020 12:49 pm, William Vandervest wrote:

Will I still get this update since I have already installed the new chromium based edge browser?

Thanks

Audiobookfan

Will this update be applied automatically or must it be installed manually? In other words, will this update appear in my system tray as an automatic "updates are ready to install" update Or must I go to the web and manually install it?

Jeff

On 2/25/2020 3:13 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,
Yes, a KB alert – a special one:
For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up via Windows Update, here it is:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edge-is-available
After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain – just hidden from view.

One day, it'll show up on Windows Update.
A huge clarification: this KB is meant for Windows Insiders on release
preview ring, so not all of you will get it.

Will this update be applied automatically or must it be installed manually?
In other words, will this update appear in my system tray as an automatic
"updates are ready to install" update Or must I go to the web and manually
install it?

Jeff

On 2/25/2020 3:13 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, a KB alert - a special one:

For people who are wondering when the new Chromium Edge will show up
via Windows Update, here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4541302/the-new-microsoft-edg
e-is-available

After installing KB4541302, the new Edge will show up, replacing the
classic Edge. Classic Edge will remain - just hidden from view.

On that note joseph, being that I am in the insider program though I have never ventured much into the unstable branches, I have always wandered about just hanging out on the rc ring, mainly to get os upgrades and stuff before they actually go, without getting test builds and testing unstable features in slow and fast rings.

I also test things for dolphin so I wander if its worth just hanging in rc ring.

I know that rc stuff is for stuff that will be going out but should be reasonably stable, ie I will get updates just before they are put out.

On 26/02/2020 2:33 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
[...]

I opened an episode for February 20, and it started playing without a problem. The site has a list of episodes, but the name of an episode doesn't appear as a link. However, it behaves as a link. When you enter on a title, it plays.

[...]

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 06:36 PM 2/25/2020, Bill White wrote:
Once the update for the new Edge is installed, how does one go about using
the Classic Edge, since it is hidden from view?
You don't. That's like asking how one pretends one's brand new rolling-tip folding cane is just a carved stick.

I don't want to install the new Edge, only to find out that a
website I need to use isn't accessible
with it, and don't know how to get to the old Edge browser.
I'll bet you $100 that you'll never find a single page that was more accessible with Legacy Edge than the new Edge. Just install it; you'll love it and thank Microsoft for finally producing an accessible browser.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 07:14 PM 2/25/2020, Bill White wrote:
OK, I use a site called
zydecoworkout.com
On this site, there are streaming audio episodes of the zydeco workout. With
the old Edge, I can play them, but I cannot with Google Chrome, Firefox or
Internet Explorer. Could you click on one of the dated episodes with the New
Edge, and see if it is accessible to play for you before I install the
update? This way, you may see if the new browser is as accessible for this
website as the old Edge.
The audio plays for me using the new Edge and in Chrome. There are Edge settings you can check whenever audio on sites doesn't play.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Definitely not, as you said, you already installed it so it won’t install twice and your chromium based Edge will simply continue to update quietly whenever it does.