Topics

FW: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 19.11.5 emergency patch for Edge 79 users #nvdasr

Hi all,

The following announcement applies if:

  1. You are using NVDA 2019.2.1.
  2. You’ve just installed Edge 79 stable.
  3. Staying away from NVDA 2019.3 beta for now.

In short, with the below patch for Windows 10 App Essentials add-on installed, the UI Automation workaround no longer applies. Someone will be contacting Vispero regarding JAWS and Edge 79/UI Automation issue.

I’d like to take this time to say that I’m sorry for not publishing this workaround sooner – I genuinely believed Microsoft Edge team would have prepared a fix ready for this debacle by January 15th, which clearly didn’t happen. I myself will be writing a “reminder” to Edge team about state of UI Automation in Edge at this point.