De: Joseph Lee
Enviado: miércoles, 15 de enero de 2020 11:49 a. m.
Para: win10@win10.groups.io
Asunto: [win10] Welcome to Edge 79 #ChromiumEdge

Hi all,

Welcome to Chromium Edge era with Edge 79 stable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

In case you decide to skip today’s release, expect to see Edge installed on your system in the next few months as phased rollout takes place.

Timothy

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 03:33 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:

I try to get into it,but the arrows don’t work! Nor with NVDA 2019.2.1, with NVDA+space,doesn’t turn offor on. Only the tabkey works.

You most likely have version 79 of Edge Chromium. See this topic:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 01:25 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

... you need to disable UIA support in Edge and other Chromium-based web browsers (if your browser exposes this option). To do so in Edge 79:

  1. Start new Microsoft Edge (not the old one).
  2. From address omnibox (Alt+D), type "edge://flags" (without quotes and as exactly as shown) and press Enter.
  3. Type "UI Automation" into "search flags" and press Tab to move through resulting content (no, DO NOT PRESS ENTER AFTER TYPING FLAGS!).
  4. Go to "Native UI Automation" combo box and select "disabled".
  5. Press Tab to go to "Restart" button and click it.

Hope this helps,
Timothy

Vicki W

Well, mine is a mess. Is there an actual .exe file to do this with because nothing else is working for me.

I went to the link below and nothing worked as far as updates and I found no update alert anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Vicki

Welcome to Chromium Edge era with Edge 79 stable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

In case you decide to skip today’s release, expect to see Edge installed on your system in the next few months as phased rollout takes place.

Dennis L

I went to the website and downloaded it.  it is working fine after I turned off the ui automation.

Welcome to Chromium Edge era with Edge 79 stable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

In case you decide to skip today’s release, expect to see Edge installed on your system in the next few months as phased rollout takes place.

Hi Vicky,

Joseph’s link worked fine for me, all you have to do is find the button for “Download Windows 10 version”, activate it and then go to the very bottom of the screen and activate the link that you accept their terms and conditions. As soon as you do this the installer starts downloading.

Welcome to Chromium Edge era with Edge 79 stable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

In case you decide to skip today’s release, expect to see Edge installed on your system in the next few months as phased rollout takes place.

Vicki W

There was no agreement as usual and of course, no download button, but I finally found it using another browser.

I will try installing it this morning. If I have a link on my desktop to Microsoft Edge, the old one, will it disappear or if I use it, will it open the new Edge? I guess I'm asking how will I know when I am actually opening the new edge as compared to the old one and should I delete the shortcut on my desktop and put a new one on there?

Vicki

Joseph’s link worked fine for me, all you have to do is find the button for “Download Windows 10 version”, activate it and then go to the very bottom of the screen and activate the link that you accept their terms and conditions. As soon as you do this the installer starts downloading.

Welcome to Chromium Edge era with Edge 79 stable:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

In case you decide to skip today’s release, expect to see Edge installed on your system in the next few months as phased rollout takes place.

If you manage to download the installer just run it, you have to do nothing else, no need to delete shortcuts or anything like that.

Of course you could simply try Windows Update to see if it is there. If not, wait for a few days or weeks until it is.

If you currently use Chrome there really is not so much difference, it’s a good browser, but it’s not like the reinvention of the wheel.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 01:09 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
If you currently use Chrome there really is not so much difference, it’s a good browser, but it’s not like the reinvention of the wheel.
What a perfect summation.  I said a while back after starting to use Edge Dev that anyone who is already familiar with the Google Chrome browser (or any other Chromium-based browser) will feel immediately at home with the new Edge.  They're all very, very similar in look and feel.

        ~ Madonna

Monte Single

OK,  I gotta ask,

I am satisfied using  the current version ov chrome.

Is there any reason I would want to try Chrome Edge?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 01:09 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

If you currently use Chrome there really is not so much difference, it’s a good browser, but it’s not like the reinvention of the wheel.

What a perfect summation.  I said a while back after starting to use Edge Dev that anyone who is already familiar with the Google Chrome browser (or any other Chromium-based browser) will feel immediately at home with the new Edge.  They're all very, very similar in look and feel.

        ~ Madonna

Not really, if Google Chrome does all you want don’t waste your time, wait for Windows Update to install it in the next days or weeks, you can still try it then.

Chromium based Edge is good and quite accessible, it has good keyboard shortcuts and all of that, but really all of this is present in Google Chrome as well.

Please note I am saying “chromium based Edge” not Edge Chrome or Chrome Edge because most people refer to the Google Chrome browser when they say “Chrome” and while both use the same open source chromium engine, they are doing some of their own things otherwise.

One thing I must say is that I like the Settings interface in Edge a bit better and also the way Favourites are done, I find Chrome’s Bookmark

I am satisfied using  the current version ov chrome.

Is there any reason I would want to try Chrome Edge?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 01:09 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

If you currently use Chrome there really is not so much difference, it’s a good browser, but it’s not like the reinvention of the wheel.

What a perfect summation.  I said a while back after starting to use Edge Dev that anyone who is already familiar with the Google Chrome browser (or any other Chromium-based browser) will feel immediately at home with the new Edge.  They're all very, very similar in look and feel.

        ~ Madonna

A.Mac

hi, in ms edge how do you change the home page please.

On 16/01/2020 18:09, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your time in advance.
😎
Later
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

kavein thran

hi, a question here, why we need to turn ui automation off in this new
edge? doesn't it provide more info to screen reader? thanks

On 1/17/20, A.Mac via Groups.Io <a.mcaneney=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Turning off UI automation makes edge more accessible.