Topics

Console fans, you can now use Narrator to read line by line in PowerShell, WSL and other console windows #narrator #ADVISORY #WinTenOld

Hi all,

Just in: you can now use Narrator to read line by line in consoles such as Windows PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux and what not. A YouTube video that demonstrates this feature in Version 1709 can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18&feature=youtu.be

Note: updating the wiki page and Version 1709 screen reader advisory accordingly.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Will this affect Jaws and NVDA? Or is it strictly a Narrator implementation.
On 10/12/2017 4:50 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Just in: you can now use Narrator to read line by line in consoles such as Windows PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux and what not. A YouTube video that demonstrates this feature in Version 1709 can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18&feature=youtu.be

Note: updating the wiki page and Version 1709 screen reader advisory accordingly.

Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.

Hi,

It’ll affect JAWS and NVDA in the future if these screen readers decide to use UI Automation in consoles.

Will this affect Jaws and NVDA? Or is it strictly a Narrator implementation.
On 10/12/2017 4:50 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Just in: you can now use Narrator to read line by line in consoles such as Windows PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux and what not. A YouTube video that demonstrates this feature in Version 1709 can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18&feature=youtu.be

Note: updating the wiki page and Version 1709 screen reader advisory accordingly.

Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.

To be honest I'd really like a solution where you can use nvda to play old dos stuff, dosbox works but for whatever reason I just havn't got the 64 bit stuff working right, com0com is setup, I checked, com 4 and I think5 are the ports it spat at me I set it to com4 I tried on either com with the emulator program used it don't speak, I set dosbox up and well its just not working right.

At this point I could skip the emulator and run stright with the soundcard but  then all I can do is jaws, and technically all I need is nvda which can read a console window so.

On 13/10/2017 9:40 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,

It'll affect JAWS and NVDA in the future if these screen readers decide to
use UI Automation in consoles.

line in PowerShell, WSL and other console windows #WinTen1709 #Narrator
#ADVISORY

Will this affect Jaws and NVDA? Or is it strictly a Narrator implementation.
On 10/12/2017 4:50 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Just in: you can now use Narrator to read line by line in consoles such as
Windows PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux and what not. A YouTube
video that demonstrates this feature in Version 1709 can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18&;feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be

Note: updating the wiki page and Version 1709 screen reader advisory
accordingly.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

How much work would that be?  :)

On 10/12/2017 8:37 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Jaffar Sidek

And from this latest of Narrator's development, I think Microsoft will turn Narrator in to a full-blown screen reader sooner than we think, which I must admit, comes to me as a surprise.

On 13/10/2017 4:40 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

It’ll affect JAWS and NVDA in the future if these screen readers decide to use UI Automation in consoles.

Will this affect Jaws and NVDA? Or is it strictly a Narrator implementation.
On 10/12/2017 4:50 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Just in: you can now use Narrator to read line by line in consoles such as Windows PowerShell, Windows Subsystem for Linux and what not. A YouTube video that demonstrates this feature in Version 1709 can be found at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z27RDeOqS18&feature=youtu.be

Note: updating the wiki page and Version 1709 screen reader advisory accordingly.

Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.

Mike and Jenna <schwaltze@...>

Hi,

I am excited to see how much farther narrator keeps going. Its come a long
way in such a short time. Its got more to go but I can honestly say that I
do use it a bit more and jaws a bit less for some things.