Topics

Searching in windows 10 1909?

Michael Amaro

Hello Listers,

In previous versions of windows 10 up  untill 1903.  If I went in to an external drive on my pC.  I was able to go to the search box from with in the drive it self and search for a folder.  How ever if I try and search from with in the drive it self.  It says the name of the folder that I am searching for followed by  the words previous search query.  How can I fix this?

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your Country."

Him

Which screen reader are you all using? I don’t get this if I use NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Amaro
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:35 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Searching in windows 10 1909?

Hello Listers,

In previous versions of windows 10 up  untill 1903.  If I went in to an external drive on my pC.  I was able to go to the search box from with in the drive it self and search for a folder.  How ever if I try and search from with in the drive it self.  It says the name of the folder that I am searching for followed by  the words previous search query.  How can I fix this?

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your Country."

Michael Amaro

I am running windows 10 1909 and jaws 2020 latest build

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] Searching in windows 10 1909?

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

Hi,

I’m interested in receiving comments from Narrator users as well to figure out if this is something Vispero should look into.

For NVDA users, you’ll get an announcement about search suggestions count provided that an add-on is installed.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:43 AM

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

Pradip Chandra Sikdar

After typing the search query, hit enter to perform the actual search. Everything will be normal then I believe.

On 11/21/2019 10:21 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I’m interested in receiving comments from Narrator users as well to figure out if this is something Vispero should look into.

For NVDA users, you’ll get an announcement about search suggestions count provided that an add-on is installed.

Cheers,

Joseph

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

--
Regards,
Pradip Chandra Sikdar
Be entertained with some music in my Bedroom Studio Youtube Channel
Visit me on www.pradipsikdar.com
Catch me on Facebook or follow my Facebook page,
Connect with me via LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter,

Hi,

That was the case for 1903. But in 1909, as soon as you perform a search, suggestions will pop up, which you need to press down arrow key to review.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pradip Chandra Sikdar
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:59 AM

After typing the search query, hit enter to perform the actual search. Everything will be normal then I believe.

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

--
Regards,
Pradip Chandra Sikdar
Follow me on Twitter,

Michael Amaro

My guess is that it is a windows 10 1909 issue.  I tried narrator got the same results as stated in my original message.

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:51 AM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

Michael Amaro

In my casepressing enter after typing the folder name takes me to the treeview.

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:59 AM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Him

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello Listers,

Thanks
Michael
Email/skype
mikeameli@...
JFK"

--
Regards,
Pradip Chandra Sikdar
Follow me on Twitter,

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

is the place to start when any behavior uncharacteristic of normal behavior under Windows exhibits itself.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sarah k Alawami

My response is inline. I have no idea if it will help as knock on wood I do not have this issue and I believe I'm running 10 1809.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 21 Nov 2019, at 9:19, Michael Amaro wrote:

In my casepressing enter after typing the folder name takes me to the treeview. 

For me that does not happen. I hit enter, then tab over to the list view and read my stuff. I have my thing set to detail with control shift numrow 6.