Topics

asus tf102 mini

mattias <mjonsson1986@...>

If anyone own this

How to do so the tablet dont lock itself up all times?

I have to turn off sound efects

It helped litle

Seems jaws works better on the tablet..

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

valiant8086

Hi.

Jaws does work better on low end hardware than NVDA. NVDA is usually more responsive than JAWS, which leads to the idea that NVDA is more efficient. It just isn't so, though NVDA has improved a bit during the last 3 releases. I remember mentioning it to Jamey at one point and he suggested that it was due to NVDA'S more eager support and use of UI automation"  accessibility data, that JAWS may tend to keep hacking things like it has and there could be advantages to that approach getting around any inefficiencies in the UI automation model, plus it could be that NVDA could have some issues that could be cleaned up to make it more responsive on low end hardware. When I suggested that it might have something to do with being coded in Python largely he said not likely python's fault, just minor inefficiencies in there code.
That
having said I just potentially put a whole bunch of words in his mouth,  and this conversation happened a couple years ago, so he might not agree anymore.

So yeah, I understand what you mean. If you have JAWS recent version, you might consider using it primarily on your tablet, but keep NVDA handy too.
Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable on my ELBRAILLE 14>