Från: Rajmund
Skickat: den 8 september 2017 12:11
Till: win10@win10.groups.io
Ämne: Re: [win10] to users of VB and other virtualisation software:installation of w10 into virtual machine without sighted assistance seems tobe impossible #narrator #a11y

Hi,

While this topic is a bit old, I must respectfully disagree. I was able

to get an ISO image of 1703, boot it up, enable narrator, choose the

type of windows installation I wanted, and have windows fully booted. I

carried this out on a windows 8.1 samsung, with intel audio drivers,

using the latest, at the time, VMWARE player.

On 08/08/17 11:16 AM, J.G wrote:

> Hi,

> This weekend I played whith virtualisation programs and tested all 3

> major players (VB, VM ware and Hyper-v from Microsoft). My results are

> interesting but also I have expected some of them. As I saw some months

> ago, VB semms to be the least accessible program due to Qt GUI which it

> has and completely inaccessible window where you can manage your VMs.

> Hyper-V and VM ware are accessible, so it means, you can manage VM

> (start/stop it, add/remove removable devices etc)

> But the most important result is that: I found, that until W10 is not

> fully installed into VM, you cannot use Narrator or any other screen

> reader due to audio issues. it means that you can start setup, but when

> you are going to press ctrl + windows + enter, Narrator will probably be

> started but you would not hear anything. Does anybody know, why does

> this happen? I have one explanation but do not know if it was correct.

> It seems, that "slim Windows" - a package which is running during

> installation, does not have or does not recognise audio drivers of

> virtual software. Am I correct?

> Second question is for MS staff if they track this list. is it possible

> to include this feature into next update of a system? probably it will

> be rs4.

> Thanks.

> Best regards, Jožef

J.G

Hi,

I'm very glad, if you heard a sound feedback, when you enabled Narrator, but when I've tried to install an OS into prepared VM in VB, VM ware and also into Hyper V, I didn't hear any sound. May be can you advise me, what should I do to hear spoken feedback? Must I reconfigure some VM's settings? And if this is correct, which settings are valid?

Thanks.

regards, Jožef

p.s. host os: regular win10 (1703 with updates) and guest os: win10 insider preview built 16232) packaged in iso image downloaded directly from the MS site.

A.Mac

test

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
A.Mac

you need to download vmware tools for the os.
when you start installing it asks you to download that.

On 9/11/17, A.Mac via Groups.Io <a.mcaneney=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
test

--
Thanks for your time in advance.
A.Mac
[all out going mail is scanned by Avira]

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

J.G

Hello,

When you talk about "Guest additions"" or "VM tools" remember, that these tools can be installed into a guest OS, when its installation is finnished. My test yesterday confirmed it. So a main problem still exists.
Again, can anyone tell me, what should I do to get speech during instalation of os into a VM please?

kind regards, Jožef