Topics

locked Important poll (list participation/consent needed): should Win10+NVDA subgroup be created? #AdminNotice #poll

Dear members of Win10 group and others,

A proposal has been circulating on the Win10 list asking if a subgroup for Win10 users using NVDA should be created via a list merger, replacing an old list called nvda-winten list (http://www.freelists.org/list/nvda-winten). The members of the old nvda-winten are in favor of this proposal, and in order for this to become a reality, the proposal backers would like to receive wider consent from Win10 list.

Proposal: Should nvda-winten list be merged into Win10 group and become its subgroup?

To respond to this poll:

1. Send your response (yes or no) to win10+owner@groups.io.
  2. If you have web access to Groups.IO, respond to the poll online.
  3. Starting today, people using Twitter will be able to respond to the poll - send your answer (yes or no) to @joslee.

Important notes:

• This poll, including the Twitter variant will close on Friday, February 5, 2016 at 12 PM Pacific (3 PM Eastern, 20:00 UTC).
  • In order for votes to be counted and results announced, at least 25% of Win10 Forum members (55 members or more) must vote (this is essential).
  • In order for this proposal to pass, supermajority of voters (two-thirds or at least 37 voters) must say "yes". Same applies to Twitter (two-thirds of Twitter respondents must agree to this proposal).
  • You don't have to vote again if you've cast your vote (so far, less than 10% of Win10 Forum members have voted).
  • Once adopted, the list merger/subgroup creation will proceed. The migration deadline will be set to a month or two from now in order to make this process smooth.

Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your responses. Sincerely, Win10 Forum leadership team

Thank you for voting. Results will be available when the poll is closed.

Jessica D

Hi,
the email address you’ve provided doesn’t work.
I just tried to cast my vote.
I cannot use the website, because it wants me to create an account.
I vote “Yes.”
Thanks,
Jessica

On Feb 1, 2016, at 11:27 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

A proposal has been circulating on the Win10 list asking if a subgroup for Win10 users using NVDA should be created via a list merger, replacing an old list called nvda-winten list (http://www.freelists.org/list/nvda-winten). The members of the old nvda-winten are in favor of this proposal, and in order for this to become a reality, the proposal backers would like to receive wider consent from Win10 list.

Proposal: Should nvda-winten list be merged into Win10 group and become its subgroup?

To respond to this poll:

3. Starting today, people using Twitter will be able to respond to the poll - send your answer (yes or no) to @joslee.

Important notes:

• This poll, including the Twitter variant will close on Friday, February 5, 2016 at 12 PM Pacific (3 PM Eastern, 20:00 UTC).
  • In order for votes to be counted and results announced, at least 25% of Win10 Forum members (55 members or more) must vote (this is essential).
  • In order for this proposal to pass, supermajority of voters (two-thirds or at least 37 voters) must say "yes". Same applies to Twitter (two-thirds of Twitter respondents must agree to this proposal).
  • You don't have to vote again if you've cast your vote (so far, less than 10% of Win10 Forum members have voted).
  • Once adopted, the list merger/subgroup creation will proceed. The migration deadline will be set to a month or two from now in order to make this process smooth.

Thank you, and we look forward to receiving your responses. Sincerely, Win10 Forum leadership team

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Hi,

Try: win10+owner@groups.io (sorry for a possible typo).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 8:37 AM
To: win10@groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Important poll (list participation/consent needed): should Win10+NVDA subgroup be created? #AdminNotice #poll

Hi,

the email address you’ve provided doesn’t work.

I just tried to cast my vote.

I cannot use the website, because it wants me to create an account.

I vote “Yes.”

Thanks,

Jessica

On Feb 1, 2016, at 11:27 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

To respond to this poll:

Important notes:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

Brian <n8mnx@...>

I vote yes as nvda is my only screen reader.
Brian Sackrider

On 2/1/2016 8:27 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

To respond to this poll:

Important notes:

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now