Topics

For JAWS users: 18.0.4104, JAWS 2018 is coming #jaws

Hi JAWS users,

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

I just updated and will be trying Edge to see what happens.

On 7/11/2017 9:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi JAWS users,

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Oops! Got excited and did not read the whole thing

On 7/11/2017 9:33 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
I just updated and will be trying Edge to see what happens.
On 7/11/2017 9:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi JAWS users,

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Ron Kolesar

    Thanks for      this update for we jaws users Joe.
Now, I’ve been having the following weird response.
Not sure if it is a JFW issue or a win 10 issue.
I have both jfw 17 and jfw 18 installed on the pc.
When I click on the desktop shortcut for jfw 17, it goes into the subfolders with no issues.
But for jfw 18, when I click on the desktop icon, I get the security warning popping up at me asking to to use alt y for yes or alt n for no.
Of course when I want to check for the updates and or tweak a item within JFW18, I do a alt y for yes.
It is just weird and can not figure out why this is happening.
I have my security set at 66 percent.
Which is in the middle of the options to set the security at.
So I just checked for the version of jaws you were telling me and even rebooted my system, but I still have the latest upgrade.
But I’ll probably be catching the update soon.
Many Thanks.
Ron U.S. ham Radio Station KR3DOG

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Chris and other experts, any ideas?

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

matthew dyer

Hi,

I have been trying all night to get the latesed update, but keep getting the following message.   Can’t run on this pc.  I have tried this the installer as well as through the jaws iupdates.  Am I missing something in settings that may be over looked.

Matthew

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

g melconian

Got it  downloaded and installed.  Wondering whats new in this  release.

I have been trying all night to get the latesed update, but keep getting the following message.   Can’t run on this pc.  I have tried this the installer as well as through the jaws iupdates.  Am I missing something in settings that may be over looked.

Matthew

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Ron Kolesar

Thanks Joe.
I finally got the jfw 18 upgrade and installed it.
Many Thanks.
Ron

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

There is no Edge support in this version, this should be coming soon.

I just updated and will be trying Edge to see what happens.
On 7/11/2017 9:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi JAWS users,

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

g melconian

How many versions of 16, 17 and now 18 we have been promised edge support. I hav really lost ffaith in vfo of their so called promises. Its time ot move on to something which has edge support sicne day 1 both narrator and NVDA have it and I don’t get why its so hard for VFo to implement a common sense feature.i forgot if they don’t they will eventually lose their big contracts to the other small gusy. That why they put htem out of business . fi they cant compete the will find some kind of loop hole to suit and place the competition out of business. I wonder how they ar going ot handle suing the big boy bigge then them Microsoft.

There is no Edge support in this version, this should be coming soon.

I just updated and will be trying Edge to see what happens.
On 7/11/2017 9:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi JAWS users,

JAWS 18.0.4104 is here. No changes for Windows 10 at the moment:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew

Also, JAWS 19 is now known as JAWS 2018. The year.build scheme is in effect for JAWS, ZoomText and other offerings from VFO in order to make it easier for users to identify versions in use.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Yeah, Got excited and didnt read the whole thing...
To be fair it is not just VFO here... MS has decided to change everything to accomadate there one platform idea and this is causing a lot of accessibiblity problems not just with Jaws... Things keep getting broke then fixed then broke again...