Topics

November 2019 cumulative update: KB4524570/build 18362(3).476 #KBAlert #WinTen1909

Hi all,

First, Version 1909 (November 2019 Update) is now listed on Windows Update page (linked below). This means we are now in Version 1909 era 9finaly!!!). Expect a follow-up message about what this milestone means for this forum cluster.

November 2019 cumulative update (KB4524570) is out for 1903 and 1909, updating build revision to 476:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4524570/windows-10-update-kb4524570

Changelog:

• Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Details:

Version 1903 (build 18362.476):

• Addresses an issue in the Keyboard Lockdown Subsystem that might not filter key input correctly.

• Provides protections against the Intel® Processor Machine Check Error vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207). Use the registry setting as described in the Guidance KB article. (This registry setting is disabled by default.)

• Provides protections against the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)

• Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.

Version 1909 (build 18363.476): same as 1903.

By the way, after January 15, 2020, cumulative update announcements will be for Version 1909 only (in accordance with 60 countdown policy).

Thasnks joseph.

Interesting to note that all my shell tweaks and stuff were kept.

The only slight gripe is that the malware removal tool keeps wanting to install and I have had to hide it to stop that from happening.

Of course windows complains its not up to date, but its not like this is an important tool.

To be honest, I am surprised the tool is even updated at all and run all the time, I would like it to update itself if it in deed has an update, that tool is why windows update installs take so long.

Another note, on installing the update, you will get 2 reboots during the update after which it runs.