Topics

Check-in: how's Narrator Challenge going? #narrator

Hi all,

For those participating in Narrator challenge, how is it going? Anything new or interesting? Buts found? Feedback sent?

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
While podcasts are usually a good indication, sometimes they can be misleading. I can confirm, that while, not a mainstream app, booting into a USB installation media, then installing windows 10 works beautifully. Was nice to be able to do it without sighted. I wasn't, however, able to read things in the MSINFO32 dialog, although it may have just been me. Scan mode on and off didn't make much of a difference in there.

Sent from an iPad Air

On 30 Jun 2017, at 5:54 pm, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For those participating in Narrator challenge, how is it going? Anything new or interesting? Buts found? Feedback sent?

piotr machacz <pitermach@...>

Hi,

You can read those, but it’s annoying because of how Narrator handles List views or, as it calls them tables. If you arrow around, it only reads the first column, and if you move across to a different one and then try to read down a row it will wrap back to the first one. That reading only column 1 thing gets really annoying and makes some apps a choar to use IE open Tween. I filed feedback on this a few Times during creator update and anniversary update insider previews but haven’t noticed much improvement in this area, which is a shame because other than that Narrator pretty much does everything else I need

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

While podcasts are usually a good indication, sometimes they can be misleading. I can confirm, that while, not a mainstream app, booting into a USB installation media, then installing windows 10 works beautifully. Was nice to be able to do it without sighted. I wasn't, however, able to read things in the MSINFO32 dialog, although it may have just been me. Scan mode on and off didn't make much of a difference in there.

Sent from an iPad Air

On 30 Jun 2017, at 5:54 pm, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For those participating in Narrator challenge, how is it going? Anything new or interesting? Buts found? Feedback sent?

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,]

For me, it just kept saying, for instance, model number, but it didn’t tell me what the model number was. And as you say, if I down arrow, it goes to, say, system type, not right order.

PS. I can make a new thread on this, but I can confirm that NVDA doesn’t speak the backspace, and enter keys, in the windows 10 client.

[...]

Shou-Ching Schilling

First of all, thanks for proposing, having and participating in the Narrator Challenge in the month of June.  I have been monitoring and reading the feedback and discussions posted (Feedback Hub, Accessibility UserVoice, this Forum, Twitter...).  I just got back from vacation earlier this week, so it will take me a little bit to catch up on the issues.

The individual feedback submitted are very useful.  At the same time, hearing a high level summary of what people think and top issues encountered like this help me understand a bigger picture.

Regarding Narrator reading only the first column when down arrow in MSINFO32 dialog – we have received this feedback, in fact, multiple times.  The feedback (and upvote data) has been passed on to the corresponding teams.  And I have just added the feedback from this thread to where they track this issue.