Topics

JAWS 18.0.2945 is out, numerous enhancements for Windows 10 users #jaws

Hi JAWS users,

Version 18.0.2945 is out, bringing with it a host of enhancements for Windows 10 users:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew#Enhancements

P.S. Ideally you should have received this post the moment the update came out, but there were some delays from my part.

A few nice improvements and the visual cursor tracking is nice, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a “host of improvements”.

Version 18.0.2945 is out, bringing with it a host of enhancements for Windows 10 users:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew#Enhancements

P.S. Ideally you should have received this post the moment the update came out, but there were some delays from my part.

g melconian

Just as usual . vfo cant improve or innovate . I was hoping foran ms edge support but htat wont happen. Thisi why I have jus decided ot use NVDA nad narrator for all of my Windows 10 needs.

A few nice improvements and the visual cursor tracking is nice, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a “host of improvements”.

Version 18.0.2945 is out, bringing with it a host of enhancements for Windows 10 users:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew#Enhancements

P.S. Ideally you should have received this post the moment the update came out, but there were some delays from my part.

Windows Edge support will come and as far as I am concerned I can wait quite happily since Chrome works great and there still is IE and Firefox if needed. From what I hear about how many sighted people are using Edge I doubt even with awesome support I would feel compelled to jump on it.

Just as usual . vfo cant improve or innovate . I was hoping foran ms edge support but htat wont happen. Thisi why I have jus decided ot use NVDA nad narrator for all of my Windows 10 needs.

A few nice improvements and the visual cursor tracking is nice, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a “host of improvements”.

Version 18.0.2945 is out, bringing with it a host of enhancements for Windows 10 users:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/jaws/JAWSWhatsNew#Enhancements

P.S. Ideally you should have received this post the moment the update came out, but there were some delays from my part.

g melconian

Agree with you but if ms edge is becoming default for accessing hee store an other things I would hope hat vfo would support for those vesion 18 users. If nothing changes why upgrde if there is no changes and no support for important aspectst hathe competiton used to do so well till they wer merged and put out of business.

[...]

Don Barrett

Yes, you are right.  It is coming for sure.

VFO has to rewrite a significant amount of JAWS to make it work with Edge, since the DOM is no longer available and they have to grab everything using UI Automation.

It’s a whole new API and it takes a log of work to get it right.

Don