Topics

Paul Thurrott: unlock the hidden File Explorer UWP #universalapps #msftenable #WinTenOld

Hi all,

As you can see from the following article:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115275/windows-10-tip-unlock-uwp-file-explorer

Windows 10 Creators Update includes a hidden universal app version of File Explorer, and it is totally accessible. It resembles universal OneDrive app in user interface an experience (at least the file browsing portion of it, that is).

Kevin

why would I want to do this?

As you can see from the following article:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115275/windows-10-tip-unlock-uwp-file-explorer

Windows 10 Creators Update includes a hidden universal app version of File Explorer, and it is totally accessible. It resembles universal OneDrive app in user interface an experience (at least the file browsing portion of it, that is).

Steve Dresser

Scientific curiosity - that's why I tried it.  Also, there may be a time when Microsoft decides to get rid of the desktop apps we use now, and I wanted to see if the new one would work with JAWS.  It does, but I don't think it gives you as much detail as you get from the app we're used to.  Perhaps there's a way to make it work better, but I haven't figured it out.

Steve

As you can see from the following article:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115275/windows-10-tip-unlock-uwp-file-explorer

Windows 10 Creators Update includes a hidden universal app version of File Explorer, and it is totally accessible. It resembles universal OneDrive app in user interface an experience (at least the file browsing portion of it, that is).

Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...>

If this is going to be the norm in the next version of Windows, I
would love NVDA to fix its verbosity in that window. For example, the
More button is repeated on occasion.

On 5/6/17, Steve Dresser <s.dresser@verizon.net> wrote:
Scientific curiosity - that's why I tried it. Also, there may be a time
when Microsoft decides to get rid of the desktop apps we use now, and I
wanted to see if the new one would work with JAWS. It does, but I don't
think it gives you as much detail as you get from the app we're used to.
Perhaps there's a way to make it work better, but I haven't figured it out.

Steve

As you can see from the following article:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115275/windows-10-tip-unlock-uwp-file-explorer

Windows 10 Creators Update includes a hidden universal app version of File
Explorer, and it is totally accessible. It resembles universal OneDrive app
in user interface an experience (at least the file browsing portion of it,
that is).

Steps to reproduce are greatly appreciated.
The File Explorer UWP is a Windows 10 Mobile artifact.

UWP #UniversalApps #WinTen1703 #MSFTEnable

why would I want to do this?

As you can see from the following article:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/115275/windows-10-tip-unlo
ck-uwp-file-explorer

Windows 10 Creators Update includes a hidden universal app version
of File Explorer, and it is totally accessible. It resembles universal
OneDrive app in user interface an experience (at least the file
browsing portion of it, that is).

How different exactly is this than the version of File Explorer I've grown to know and love.
---
Christopher Gilland