Topics

Windows Blog: Major Windows 10 releases will come twice per year #msftenable

Hi everyone,

It appears Microsoft is shifting to a more predictable release cadence for Windows 10 and other products. The news can be found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/business/2017/04/20/windows-office-align-feature-release-schedules-benefit-customers/#tkilKtGXQhC7zfL1.97

So likely the next release hashtag would be #WinTen1709 or 1710. Because this change has huge implications, I’ll ask for your votes on various list policy and administration proposals shortly.

Cheers,

joseph

Great.

I actually like how it is now with 1 release every couple years or so.

But with uwp it probably won't matter.

What I really hate is that windows and office updates don't always come on the same day sometimes they are days earlier or later.

Then as soon as thats done, mid month ms may release office updates or windows updates.

It doesn't always happen but still.

On 21/04/2017 5:34 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi everyone,

It appears Microsoft is shifting to a more predictable release cadence for
Windows 10 and other products. The news can be found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/business/2017/04/20/windows-office-align-feature-r
elease-schedules-benefit-customers/#tkilKtGXQhC7zfL1.97

So likely the next release hashtag would be #WinTen1709 or 1710. Because
this change has huge implications, I'll ask for your votes on various list
policy and administration proposals shortly.

Cheers,

joseph

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi is narator more responsive in windows 10 creator?
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 08:39 am, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I actually like how it is now with 1 release every couple years or so.

This has not been "like it is now" since the introduction of Windows 10.  We had the initial release, 1511, the Anniversary Update (version 1604), and, now, Creators Update (version 1703) which took longer to release than originally anticipated.

I had suspected a major update (for some value of major) about twice per year and I anticipate that some of those will not come off on schedule.
--
Brian

    . . . it misses the point that even if you eliminated all cultural biases, human beings would still form stereotypes.  It's simply how the brain works.

            ~ Scott Safier,  March 10, 2004

Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

Hi,

It's time I chime in and respond to Narrator in the Windows 10 Creators Update.

I had a brief play on my mac, using Vmware Fusion, a virtual machine software similar to Vmware Workstation or Vmware Player for Windows, and I found Narrator to be quite responsive even in a virtual machine, particularly if you use one of the mobile voices, such as George which is a British English male voice. On a related note, I was able to bring up Narrator to guide me through the installation process, but there seems to be a problem when trying to access the Advanced Startup Options menu to say reset the PC. It seems when I attempt to launch Narrator, it instead continues to start Windows normally. There was nothing actually wrong with the installation, just wanted to see if we can use Narrator in Windows RE that is installed along with Windows.

On 21 Apr 2017, at 17:04, Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Majid Hussain <mhussaincov93@...>

hi there,
re narrator and the mobile voices on iso?
i'm unable to find the mobile voices in the narratores voice settings
box, could you tell me what you are doing to get these?
thanks,
Majid Hussain

wrote:

[...]

kind regards,
Majid Hussain

Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

Hi,

You actually go to settings, then Ease of Access, then Narrator.