Topics

Problem with Word 2013

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

I received a Word Document today and I cant read it with the arrow keys... It skips entire sections and only reads a few lines. But if I use Say All it reads the entire document just fine... But if I interrupt Say all to review a sentence it still skips most of the document.

Quentin Christensen

Hi,

Likely the document is in "Protected Mode".  As you have found, say all works, but trying to navigate around the document does not so well.  Microsoft does this with any documents you download from the Internet or receive via e-mail.  To enable editing, press F6 to move to the "Protected" grouping, then tab to the "enable editing" button and enter on that.  Of course be sure that the document you are opening is in fact safe and expected from the sender first - the whole reason Microsoft does this is to try and prevent you from inadvertently opening an document infected with malware.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Thanks that did it. That also answers another issue I had with another document. :)