Topics

Windows Central: new Edge launching on january 15th #chromiumedge

Hi all,

Microsoft Ignite is happening at the moment, and one of the key announcements from there is the imminent launch of new Microsoft Edge powered by Chromium project as summarized by this Windows Central article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-microsoft-edge-launching-january-15?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=71361&utm_campaign=social

Note that the launch date can change without notice based on last minute bugs and feature additions to 79 release candidate (beta channel).

Sarah k Alawami

Heh. I think we posted that at the exact same time. I'm not kiding. Lol. Wow? I am looking forward to this actually as I already said in my last post. This is going to be awesome.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 4 Nov 2019, at 8:27, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Microsoft Ignite is happening at the moment, and one of the key announcements from there is the imminent launch of new Microsoft Edge powered by Chromium project as summarized by this Windows Central article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-microsoft-edge-launching-january-15?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=71361&utm_campaign=social

Note that the launch date can change without notice based on last minute bugs and feature additions to 79 release candidate (beta channel).

David Moore

I love the new Chromium version of MS Edge!

I have it as my default browser!

Will this Chromium version of Edge be a part of Windows 10, or will this always be a browser that you separately install like Firefox or Chrome!

The reason I ask, is because it is going to work on Windows 7, and even Mac OS!

Will the old Edge stay in Windows 10, or will that be replace with the new Chromium version of Edge?

This is awesome, because I love the beta of the new Edge so much, even better than Chrome itself!

Take care, guys!
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Heh. I think we posted that at the exact same time. I'm not kiding. Lol. Wow? I am looking forward to this actually as I already said in my last post. This is going to be awesome.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 4 Nov 2019, at 8:27, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Microsoft Ignite is happening at the moment, and one of the key announcements from there is the imminent launch of new Microsoft Edge powered by Chromium project as summarized by this Windows Central article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-microsoft-edge-launching-january-15?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=71361&utm_campaign=social

Note that the launch date can change without notice based on last minute bugs and feature additions to 79 release candidate (beta channel).

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Hi, David,

I think this new edge is gonna replace the version there is now. I tried using it and it's super fast!

Rosemarie