Topics

Windows Central: new Edge launching on january 15th #chromiumedge

Hi all,

Microsoft Ignite is happening at the moment, and one of the key announcements from there is the imminent launch of new Microsoft Edge powered by Chromium project as summarized by this Windows Central article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-microsoft-edge-launching-january-15?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=71361&utm_campaign=social

Note that the launch date can change without notice based on last minute bugs and feature additions to 79 release candidate (beta channel).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah k Alawami

Heh. I think we posted that at the exact same time. I'm not kiding. Lol. Wow? I am looking forward to this actually as I already said in my last post. This is going to be awesome.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Nov 2019, at 8:27, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Microsoft Ignite is happening at the moment, and one of the key announcements from there is the imminent launch of new Microsoft Edge powered by Chromium project as summarized by this Windows Central article:

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-microsoft-edge-launching-january-15?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=71361&utm_campaign=social

Note that the launch date can change without notice based on last minute bugs and feature additions to 79 release candidate (beta channel).

Cheers,

Joseph

David Moore

I love the new Chromium version of MS Edge!

I have it as my default browser!

Will this Chromium version of Edge be a part of Windows 10, or will this always be a browser that you separately install like Firefox or Chrome!

The reason I ask, is because it is going to work on Windows 7, and even Mac OS!

Will the old Edge stay in Windows 10, or will that be replace with the new Chromium version of Edge?

This is awesome, because I love the beta of the new Edge so much, even better than Chrome itself!

Take care, guys!
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 11:45 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Central: new Edge launching on january 15th#ChromiumEdge

Heh. I think we posted that at the exact same time. I'm not kiding. Lol. Wow? I am looking forward to this actually as I already said in my last post. This is going to be awesome.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Hi, David,

I think this new edge is gonna replace the version there is now. I tried using it and it's super fast!

Rosemarie

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Central: new Edge launching on january 15th#ChromiumEdge

I love the new Chromium version of MS Edge!

I have it as my default browser!

Will this Chromium version of Edge be a part of Windows 10, or will this always be a browser that you separately install like Firefox or Chrome!

The reason I ask, is because it is going to work on Windows 7, and even Mac OS!

Will the old Edge stay in Windows 10, or will that be replace with the new Chromium version of Edge?

This is awesome, because I love the beta of the new Edge so much, even better than Chrome itself!

Take care, guys!
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, November 4, 2019 11:45 AM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph