Topics

Mail, Calendar, People apps tutorial by David Moore (draft form) is now up, requiring huge copy-editing please #wiki

Hi all,

David’s tutorial on Mail, Calendar, and People apps is now up (although in draft form):

https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/wiki/Mail%2C-Calendar%2C-People-apps

Because of the style employed, I had to do some copy-editing to fix spelling errors and add headings for ease of navigation (this isn’t complete yet). After going through parts of this tutorial, I figured that we need to ask professional writers to come onboard and help out with polishing this and other tutorials (the tutorial reads like a rough transcription of an audio tutorial, which is acceptable to some extent). If you’d like to help out with this task (or know someone outside this forum who can help), please write to me offlist. I’m also going to send an email to David and other interested parties with suggestions on technical writing composition and thought processes, because writing materials like this involves more than writing what you know; technical writing is an informative yet artful craft that requires specific processes, and this forum is not the best venue to provide reviews. One suggestion for those wishing to venture into producing audio or text tutorials or reviews is to think of topics within tutorials as self-contained units, and this allows ease of organization via outlines and headings and so on. If you are interested in this, please write to me offlist so I, Brian Vogel and others can teach you what you should know about and to do (and what not to do) in technical writing.

Thanks.

Ron Kolesar

Hey Joe.
To bad there isn’t a audio step by step of this tutorial.
Say we could listen to what the person is attempting to show us the steps and we can hear jaws telling us what is correct for which procedures.
I think I’ll need it once again if and or when I loose WLM.
I do better at tutorials that has examples and step by steps instead of just simply reading everything.
Sorry to be such a pain in the neck.
Ron who is still enjoying WLM for his mail package.