Topics

Windows Accessibility Blog: What to expect in 2017 #a11y #msftenable #narrator #WinTenOld

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen the MSFT Enable hashtag – I usually reserve this for announcements from accessibility folks at Microsoft.

The following article is worth reading as we prepare for what’s coming in 2017. In particular, if you are using braille displays, this is a great news for you, and for those on the Insider Preview program, you know some of these as you were testing some Narrator improvements for a while.

Blog post: What to expect in 2017 (Microsoft Accessibility Blog):

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/12/02/making-microsoft-products-more-accessible-what-to-expect-in-2017/

P.S. I’m sure Kelly and others will announce more details in due time, as many of these are things coming with Creators Update.

Devin Prater

Wow, that's positively mouth-watering. Beautiful, what Microsoft is transforming into.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 5:09 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen the MSFT Enable hashtag – I usually reserve this for announcements from accessibility folks at Microsoft.

The following article is worth reading as we prepare for what’s coming in 2017. In particular, if you are using braille displays, this is a great news for you, and for those on the Insider Preview program, you know some of these as you were testing some Narrator improvements for a while.

Blog post: What to expect in 2017 (Microsoft Accessibility Blog):

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/12/02/making-microsoft-products-more-accessible-what-to-expect-in-2017/

P.S. I’m sure Kelly and others will announce more details in due time, as many of these are things coming with Creators Update.

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

I think that's exciting too. It would be neat if narrator could be a screen reader. I'm thankful that we have NVDA.

[...]

anthony borg <anthonyborg001@...>

Thanks for the info you have just sent us, please keep us more informed about these things.

Best regards

Anthony