Topics

Installing a new Windows10 laptop

James Bentley

Hi everyone,

I’m almost finished now.  But, one question.

I want to be able to arrow through my desktop and folders by using the up and down arrow keys.  For now, every thing seems to be in columns.

Howdo I change this in Win10Pro?

Thank you,

James B
P.S.  I wouldn’t take a skint monkey for this new Acer Aspire laptop!!!

It sounds like your view in File Explorer is not set to Details.

ALT+V,L then you will be in the Layout box.  Not knowing what layout is currently being used I cannot tell you how, exactly, you will use the arrow keys to locate the Details layout, but you can use the arrow keys to noodle around to find it.  Once Details has focus, hit Enter.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

James Bentley

Brian, I’m voteing that we keep you around!

That worked just right.  Now my new setup is just like the old except about 5 times faster than the very old HP that I was using.

Many many, thanks,

James B